The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MONITORING TECH SUPPORT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: ANDERSON - MONTORING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you interested in Criminal Justice or enjoy working with computers? If you answered yes we would like to hear from you!
BI Incorporated is the U.S. leader for offender monitoring products and services that help federal state, and local agencies monitor parolees, probationers, pretrial defendants, and individuals involved in the immigration process involved in the U.S. immigration court process as they live in the community and are hiring for our Anderson, IN Technical Support Center.
New Hires receive a $2,500 sign on bonus, which is evenly distributed over your first 90 days. After 90 days, employee is enrolled into the Pay for Performance Program. Pay for Performance is paid in addition to your base wage. Current average PFP rate is over $5/hr.
Paid training period. Starting pay for Bilingual (Spanish/English) is $13.21. Nonbilingual pay rate is $11.54/hr.
We offer a thorough training program, pleasant atmosphere, employee discounts, tuition assistance after only 90 days, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, employee events and free snacks for our employees. The average tenure of our current employees at our Anderson technical support center location is currently 9 years!
Contractual obligations require you to be a US Citizen for this position.
- Accepts inbound phone calls from contracted law enforcement agency personnel. Processes alerts according to contract requirements and provides timely, accurate and effective troubleshooting of elevated hardware and software issues with customer equipment and systems. Acts as a liaison between Monitoring Operations, Monitoring Customer Service, Training, and other departments as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes alerts and responds to customer inquiries made by phone or email including special accounts requiring a high level of service
- Accepts inbound phone calls, troubleshoots, diagnoses and escalates hardware and software issues with customer equipment and software as necessary.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and support on customer issues with hardware and software for all monitoring operations departments.
- Provides communication to internal departments and management on the status of hardware and software issues being worked.
- Recommends efficiencies and/or solutions for issues with hardware and software platforms.
- Ability to communicates technical troubleshooting concepts to a non-technical audience and ensure understanding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or two to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in an information technology support/helpdesk role required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of hardware and software platforms and the ability to acquire solid knowledge of Company electronic monitoring products quickly.
- Intermediate level IT and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (in both English and Spanish if bilingual).
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Flexibility in handling special projects and assignments.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong ability to diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical mentoring to peers.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must be able to obtain a Favorable Suitability Determination through the Department of Homeland Security.
- Must be a US Citizen.