The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST II
at The Geo Group
Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the efficient testing, troubleshooting and repair of Company products and related sub-assemblies. Interfaces regularly with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Technical Support to receive work assignments and provide product information. Collects data on all testing and generates regular reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Tests and/or tunes standard products within established time frames.
- Troubleshoots and repairs, to the component level, products and sub-assemblies that do not pass test processes. Provides second-level troubleshooting support and failure analysis when necessary.
- Accurately completes all paperwork relating to jobs performed, including, but not limited to, work order forms, Material Reject Reports, product travelers, Inspection Reports, stockroom requisitions and forms, and system data entry.
- Writes Failure Analysis reports for customers and courts.
- Tests and analyzes returned equipment for damage or tampering.
- Trains lower-level technicians and assemblers in standard product test procedures, test/troubleshooting/rework techniques, and all job-related paperwork.
- Collects data and generates monthly and/or quarterly reports on all testing.
- Inspects products and sub-assemblies for workmanship and compliance to documentation.
- May be called on to testify in relation to product or reports.
- Maintains and updates documentation for ISO9001.
- Cleans work area(s) on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (ASEET) or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of experience in an electronic manufacturing environment, with two years’ experience in testing, troubleshooting and repair.
- Excellent writing skills
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to read and understand simple to complex assembly procedures, drawings and schematics.
- Ability to recognize acceptable and defective assemblies from procedures and drawings.
- Good communication
- Basic computer skills.
- Good soldering skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs
- EEO Employer
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today!