The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3T4BG5ZFLV81HM5DMP
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, IT - Hardware/Networking, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), IT - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: BO ROBINSON
Compensation Base: $55,099
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position independently monitors and supervises both staff and inmates on assigned units of the facility and provides clinical supervision for staff per the contractual needs of the client. This individual will also make sure that clinical files and documentation are maintained according to Company and client’s policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns residents to Substance Abuse Counselors so that each resident receives appropriate program services defined by the contract.
- Conducts on-the-job training to so that they are able to perform their jobs satisfactorily.
- Provides opportunities to residents to discuss matters of personal nature so they receive the support and feedback necessary to make positive behavioral changes.
- Ensures all required resident individual and group programming mandates are in place per contract.
- Leads peer or lower-classified employees through the assignment of work, monitors progress, and reviews results and technical instruction or training.
- Provides input to management for the purpose of reviews, salary actions, promotions, transfers or disciplinary actions; however, this position is not responsible for administering any personnel action. May conduct timely and thorough performance evaluations.
- Reviews resident files with staff to ensure intake paperwork, program plans, weekly meetings and other services are in compliance with the contract.
- Assigns duties to staff in such a way as to ensure that each knows their responsibilities and that they are fully defined.
- Complies with work rules and policies.
- Complies with facility safety rules and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation
- May perform all duties of Substance Abuse Manager.
- May assume duties and role of facility director in his/her absence
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a minimum B.A. degree, preferably in human services or certification in an Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) program.
- Working knowledge of the Twelve Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Three (3) years related work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Knowledge of current management techniques.
- Familiar with the correctional system and current correctional policies.
- Ability to conduct individual counseling sessions and facilitate small groups, and interface with outside agencies.
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situations.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- Preference given to experience within a correctional setting.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group counseling settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!