Town of Marana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Town of Marana
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima
County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in
Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes
southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus
areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural
Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are:
Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Technology Analyst to work in the Technology Services
Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in
collaborating with a team, developers and stakeholders to contribute technical solutions for end
users. The Technology Analyst has the responsibility for managing technology projects, and working
with key stakeholders to define technical roadmaps for Town departments. The position will also be
expected to provide customer and architectural support specific to an enterprise, as well as using
various data reporting tools (SSRS, Power BI, etc.)
Hiring Range: $54,536 - $68,170
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Analyzes problems and implements solution by assisting in software development.
- Responsible for working with key project stakeholders to capture business and user
- requirements as stories.
- Collaborates with technical and department teams to ensure business processes and initiatives
- are aligned for optimal effectiveness.
- Coordinate with SCRUM project timelines and understand agile methodology.
- Analyzes and document requirements, business and technical processes and helps define
- changes to business processes and configurations.
- Create and modify reports and report templates using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Interviews key stakeholders and translates to detailed requirements, maps current processes to
- the desired end state, and identifies gaps, such as program functions, output requirements,
- input requirements and sources, data conversion strategies, and system techniques and
- Works with end users and vendors to identify and resolve technical issues with enterprise and
- COTS systems.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business administration or
- closely related field.
- Over three years of experience in SQL report writing.
- Must pass a fingerprint clearance background check.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the desired knowledge,
- skills & abilities to successfully perform essential functions may be considered.
- Experience creating ad-hoc reports with MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and translate business needs into application and operational
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing projects of various sizes
- Gather and document functional and technical report requirements and translate requirements
- into reporting solutions
- Excellent Written, Presentation and Verbal communication skills
- Professional and Personable; ability to work constructively and collaboratively with people at all
- Willing to take initiative, deal with ambiguity and assume responsibility
- Server, IIS
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be
supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of
materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following
the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum
requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be
conducted on January 21, 2020.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / email@example.com
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at
any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources
Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human
Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.
To apply for this position with the Town of Marana, please click the link below. The application must be filled out by the posted close date in order to be considered.