Town of Marana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technology Supervisor (GIS)
at Town of Marana
- Town of Marana
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
- Position Description
The Town of Marana is seeking a Technology Supervisor to work in the Technology Services Department and continue to drive the innovation that has led the Town of Marana to be repeatedly recognized as a top-ten digital city. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in providing technical leadership and direction for the Town's GIS division. The GIS division is responsible for managing the Town’s GIS data and related systems; e.g. ArcGIS Online, ArcServer, ArcPortal, Geocortex, etc. If you enjoy working with spatial data and have vast experience promoting its use as well as designing its environment using industry standard tools and best practice, then look no further.
Hiring Range: $60,535 - $67,779
- Examples of Duties
- Provides leadership and development to assigned staff; establishes team goals and objectives of the functional area(s); participates in the recruitment process, ensures adequate staffing levels, evaluates work performance, ensures policy and procedure compliance, and provides guidance in employee relations matters.
- Develops server based web mapping applications, including data preparation and maintenance.
- Manages GIS projects to determine geospatial products and datasets required for completing project goals.
- Acquires and processes aerial image datasets.
- Implements GPS software and hardware to map features and training using Trimble solutions.
- Manages the GIS architecture to include, updates, additions, etc.
- Build and foster relationships with other departments across the Town to create opportunities to utilize GIS technologies.
- Recommend new tools and technologies that will enhance the Town’s use of GIS data.
- Works with vendors to troubleshoot issues, coordinate upgrades, and renew licensing.
- Administers the Town’s ArcGIS Online and ArcPortal for all Town employees.
- Interface with other local governments regarding imagery acquisition and standards, data sharing, and large-scale projects.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, information technology, computer science, business administration or closely related field.
- Over three years of experience in GIS, information technology, project management, software development or closely related field.
- Over one year of supervisory experience or must complete the Town of Marana's supervisory academy within one year of hire date.
- Must pass a fingerprint clearance background check.
- Over three years of experience working with ESRI ArcEnterprise: ArcServer, ArcPortal, and ArcDataStore.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online.
- Experience installing, configuring and using ArcMap and ArcPro.
- Experience with Geocortex Essentials, including workflows with XAML.
- Over three years of experience managing an Enterprise Geodatabase (preferably a SQL database), including experience using versioned environments.
- Experience creating and maintaining geodata connections and syncs in Cartegraph (asset management system).
- Experience working with imagery and lidar.
- Experience building and serving GIS rest endpoints.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS.
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.