Town of Marana
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Technology Support Specialist II
at Town of Marana
The Town of Marana is seeking a Water Technology Support Specialist II to work in the Water
Department. The planning and installation of infrastructure to support the Town's rapid growth is
critical to the department's current and future operations. This position will assist the SCADA
Administrator in providing technical support for the Water and Water Reclamation divisions' SCADA
system and other software and hardware.
Hiring Range: $23.37 - $25.76
Normal work schedule: Monday - Friday / 7:00 am - 4:00 pm / on-call rotation required
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assists in system analysis, troubleshooting, network configuration and planning of the
- Department's new and existing SCADA system, telemetry system and other technology utilized
- by the Department.
- Provides end users with support and training by ensuring all issues are addressed and seen thru
- resolution; and provides training on new and existing SCADA applications and network systems.
- Participates in the development of specifications, standardization, and planning of industrial
- control systems to meet current and future needs of Marana water and wastewater utility.
- Researches, develops, tests, and evaluates, and installs, new control system programming code,
- instruments, and SCADA software applications, telemetry equipment, and radio/communications
- Associate's degree in Electronics, Computer Technology or closely related field.
- Over one year experience in control systems, system automation, network operations, or a
- closely related field.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Ability to pass both of the Town of Marana background checks (motor vehicle/criminal)
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the desired knowledge,
- skills & abilities to successfully perform essential functions may be considered.
- Over two years of experience working with water and wastewater SCADA systems
- Experience with Win-911 and Rockwell Automation systems
- ADEQ Operator Water and/or Wastewater Operator Certifications
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be
supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of
materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following
the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
To apply for this position with the Town of Marana, please click the link below. The application must be filled out by the posted close date in order to be considered.