Triumph Aerostructures - Vought Aircraft Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Engineer 3
at Triumph Aerostructures - Vought Aircraft Division
- Requisition Number
- # of Positions Remaining
- Position Type
- Full time
- Experience (Years)
- Quality Assurance - All
- Security Clearance Required?
Provides Program Quality Engineering support and Quality analysis to the Production Teams and other internal organizations. Develops and evaluates QA processes, work instructions, site specific procedures, and recommends improvements to support the Continuous Improvement process for the site and division. Mentor of the Root Cause and Corrective Action process.
- Applies a strong knowledge of quality systems to developing and/or improving the systems and products necessary to ensure that the business attains its annual goals and meets internal, customer, and regulatory requirements, in addition to meeting requirements to ISO9001/AS9100.
- Implement common processes and procedures in support of QMS effectiveness.
- Works with customers during on site scheduled audits and visits.
- Solve problems and troubleshoot using good judgment, interfacing with other departments/suppliers to ensure thorough root cause/ corrective action is completed for all nonconformances on assigned customer products.
- Communicates issues or opportunities for improvement identified during quality assurance activities and provide recommended process improvements.
- Play an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
- Contribute to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook.
- Maintain, analyze and distribute required Quality Metrics.
- Prepare and present necessary information for Management Reviews.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements.
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- 6 years in a Quality Engineer role in an aerospace company, complex manufacturing environment or other highly regulated industry
- BS in engineering or a technical field
- Knowledge of AS9100
- Knowledge of GD&T and its principles, proficient in blue print reading and specifications.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Project management skills
- Ability to analyze data to use in sound decision making.
- Certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or a Quality Auditor (CQA) a plus
- Six Sigma and Lean experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Quality professional advanced tools a plus (i.e., 5 Whys, Pareto Analysis, Cause and Effect Diagrams, FMEA, Apollo RCCA, Cause Mapping).
- This position must meet Export control Compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.