Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Desktop Support Technician
Desktop Support Technician - Krakow Poland
We are looking for a fluent Polish / English speaker to join our growing operations in Krakow, Poland. The role is responsible for maintaining the desktop/ workstation environment, software distribution, security updates and second level troubleshooting. This employee acts as a lead for escalation of complex issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, upgrades, replaces and repairs computer systems hardware and computer peripherals. Act as an escalation point for complex technical and configuration issues.
* Softphone and Hard Phone Configuration and Administration.
* Monitor and Maintain Desktop Compliance such as SCCM Client Health, SEP Anti-Virus and MS Patch updates.
* Monitor and Maintain Site's DHCP IPs ensuring each client/department has enough IP Pool, VLAN Configuration and Administration.
* Assist with implementing discovery, planning and managing projects. Act as a liaison between other departments and the Site IT group.
* Work with other IT teams during the development and deployment phase of new desktop images or software projects. Recommend method changes for processes and general group development involving new technology.
* Employee will need to provide minimal training and technical assistance to end users. Able to lead by example and act as a mentor to Desktop Support Associate Technicians.
* Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas vital to the success of the call center such as production application support, internal e-mail support, and quality assurance system support.
* Creating/Updating documentations like SOPs; Job Aids, FAQs, etc.
* Knowledge of Chrome box and Chrome books would be ideal.
* Relevant two-year associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Superior IT support knowledge is required. Must be able to install, configure and troubleshoot current desktop operating systems.
* Working knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft software applications (e.g. MS Office, etc.).
* Working knowledge of SCCM, Antivirus, TACACS, VLAN, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, network and remote administration, software deployment as well as imaging software and processes.
* High attention to detail in planning, reporting and execution of assigned work and must be proactive in resolving issues or developing better work practices.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have good time management skills for daily tasks and projects.
* Must be able to work flexible hours, rotating schedules and additional hours as required.
* Working knowledge is desired in scripting using PowerShell, DOS base and other command language
* Working knowledge in creating/updating documentation (i.e. SOP's, Job Aids, FAQ's, etc.)