Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Security Analyst. The Security Analyst will support the mission of monitoring the safety and security of 72,000 associates and contractors, and hundreds owned, leased or vendor properties around the globe. The Security Operations Center is 24x7x365 and utilizes a dozen tools to maintain situational awareness, send notifications, and manage incidents. The Security Operations Center is responsible for responding to any type of event that may affect the enterprise that could include but are not limited to natural disasters such as hurricanes or other inclement weather, civil unrest, active violence situations, and other man-made disasters.
We are looking for a candidate who is an independent pro-active thinker that operates well in a fast-paced environment but is also self-motivated during a non-heightened state. Must be effective and efficient and a good writer and prepared to interact with leadership when called upon.
- Monitor operational status feeds for issues that may have an impact to the enterprise
- Process and summarize situational reports relaying key information of events
- Monitor and assess manmade or natural disasters for impact to the enterprise
- Cultivate information for operational application
- Understand and utilize numerous computer applications and technological tools to ascertain the safety and security of the enterprise
- Develop and maintain communications network map
- Ensure proper information flow to internal and external entities as they relate to events
- Provide clear and accurate information through email, phone, emergency communication systems, and in person
- Facilitate cross-functional communication between pertinent company contacts for issue resolution
- Write complete reports analyzing safety and security of particular national and international regions
- Assess situational and event significance
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret and produce grammatically and timely informational products
- Provide predictive impact analysis and awareness messages to identify potential threats
- Identify information gaps and information requirements
- Develop easily understandable information products and disseminate
- Provide administrative and operational guidance to operations employees
- Provide data and operational effectiveness metrics
- Evaluate issue relevancy and determine possible solutions
- Review processes, identify gaps and recommend methods for improvement
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working as an operator or analyst in a public or private sector security-related operations center
- Experience in a customer service role
- Familiarity with current events in the United States and abroad
- Familiarity with the intelligence cycle
- Basic knowledge of the health care industry
- Experience using video monitoring, access control, and alarm monitoring applications
- Experience operating emergency notification applications
- Experience operating a traveler tracking system
- The Security Operations Center is a 24x7x365 essential business function; candidate must be able to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel to backup emergency security centers in lieu of standard work location based on business needs
- This is an exempt position.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.