Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Specialist – Access Management- Advanced Technology Company
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire an Access Management Security Specialist. This position aids and maintains in access control permissions for a Fortune 100 company to ensure facility safety and security. Responsible for contributing to the health of the badging access system by provisioning, updating and deactivating access permissions. Assists employees accordingly with badging issues. Monitors shared access systems to ensure timely and accurate services. Provides quantitative data such as number of restaurants/markets, sales, budgets, etc. Indicate size of operations for which job is responsible. Indicate domestic/worldwide accountability. Position will be responsible for producing and providing access to 100 or more company access badges per week. Position will also review access permissions, based on online request platform, for over 70,000 employees with accompanying positive customer service. Position tracks and monitors badge production amounts, badge allocation and proper usage.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure CCTV and Access Control systems are monitored by contract Security personnel
- Issue employee, contractor and visitor badges and keys
- Perform periodic facility rounds
- Write, and issue Incident Reports
- Interact professionally with local Police or Fire Department agencies when required
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Perform all required emergency equipment inspections (fire extinguishers, emergency lights, emergency response inventories, etc.)
- Lead ERT responses as an Incident Commander
- Check first aid cabinets and medical bags and restock when necessary
- Report to the Site Manager any incidents and perform investigations when necessary
- First Aid Kits
- Acid Waste Neutralization Readings
- Metered Readings throughout the site
- Fire Extinguishers
- Emergency Lighting/Exits
- High School Diploma, Some College
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Applicants have demonstrated a strong propensity for hands-on work and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, and to manage shifting priorities and to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and communication skills are essential
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs
- Must be physically capable to use an air-purifying respirator
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary
- 12-Hour Shift on an alternating 3-day/4-day week schedule
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.