University of Louisville Physicians
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CE Network Engineer, Clinical Engineering, University of Louisville Hospital, Days, Full Time
at University of Louisville Physicians
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- 6100- CLINICAL ENGINEERING
The Clinical Engineering Network Engineer is responsible for design, implementation and support of the Biomedical IT environment. This position provides specialized repair (radiology, biomedical and biomedical network devices.) and maintenance services to medical treatment and diagnostic networked systems.
1. Practice technical administration, planning, coordination and management reporting.
2. Implementation of quality control & quality assurance procedures.
3. Trouble shoots and resolve system hardware, network, and software problems.
4. Performs electrical safety testing on specialized medical equipment in inventory.
5. Coordinating vendor activities for service, upgrades and interfacing.
6. Install, configure and maintain PACS/Network hardware installed within the Radiology Department.
7. Participation in the identification of value added enhancements.
8. Planning, notifying and coordinating all DICOM/HL7 connections and interfacing.
9. Tracking and coordinating modality, HIS/RIS and dictation application system upgrades.
10. Promotes and maintains effective professional customer relations and communication.
11. Trouble shooting and problem solving of PACS/Network system problems.
12. Identify, notify, coordinate and document vender/suppliers problems, ensuring resolution.
13. Develop and implement policies and procedures to assure PACS/Network is effective and secure.
14. Analyze and recommend resolutions to PACS/Network related problems and ineffectiveness.
15. Investigate options to maximize value, productivity and quality of Information Systems and workflow.
16. Provides management decision support information by extracting historical data from the information systems and creating custom reports as needed.
17. Documenting and analyzing the quality control & quality assurance measurers.
18. Serves as a technical resource to various departments in providing expertise in the area of Biomedical IT and participates on project task teams as assigned.
19. Share in after hour on-call responsibilities.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or network engineering.
- MCSE & A+/Network+ certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of information networking principles and best practices.
- Experience with HIPAA/HITECH compliance standards.
Experience (required and preferred):
- Minimum of six to eight years of related clinical engineering experience with a minimum of two years of experience in CE network security.
Working knowledge of the hospital environment in general and radiology workflow in detail.
- Previous experience with RIS and/or PACS and the ability to understand complex health information system architectures and technologies preferred.
- Basic knowledge of modalities (types, applications).
- Working knowledge of DICOM (at the level of the conformance statement).
- Basic familiarity and understanding of HL7 messaging structure.