University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Database Des & Analysis Mgr - req# 5516
at University of New Mexico
Database Des & Analysis Mgr
|Working Title||Database Des & Analysis Mgr|
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is looking for a Database Des & Analysis Mgr to provide data analysis and functional expertise to internal and external constituencies in the design and maintenance of relational database systems to support multiple databases. Each database system may have a different scope of work, utilize different computer languages, serve widely different users, and have varying functionality. Manages and coordinates the development, provision, and interpretation of data sets and data systems required to meet the operating and/or programmatic objectives of an integrated, self-contained organizational unit. Coordinates with IT programming and systems teams to specify system design to satisfy reporting, security, and support needs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Designs, creates and maintains all application databases required for production, development, testing, and education.
2. Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with IT system administration staff on the implementation of applications or tools that are utilized in conjunction with the Oracle databases.
3. Performs ongoing maintenance and tuning of the database instances. Install new versions or upgrades of the Oracle RDBMS and any tools that access the Oracle databases.
4. Plans and implements backup and recovery of all the Oracle database.
5. Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and application changes through the development life cycle. Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle databases.
6. Performs database restructuring as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime.
7. Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the Cancer Center departments are running the products that are most appropriate.
8. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and system administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
9. Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk. The DBA is usually the point of contact for Oracle Corporation.
10. Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database. Manage sharing of resources amongst applications that utilize Oracle databases.
11. Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, schemas, sequences, packages and procedures.
12. Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database instances and associated objects.
13. Troubleshoots and helps resolves problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
14. Help design, create, and maintain new database as required
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is the Official Cancer Center of New Mexico and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in a 500-mile radius. Its 125 board-certified oncology specialty physicians include cancer surgeons in every specialty (abdominal, thoracic, bone and soft tissue, neurosurgery, genitourinary, gynecology, and head and neck cancers), adult and pediatric hematologists/medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists. They, along with more than 500 other cancer healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, navigators, psychologists and social workers), provided cancer care for nearly 60 percent of the adults and children in New Mexico affected by cancer. They treated 11,249 patients in 84,875 ambulatory clinic visits in addition to in-patient hospitalizations at UNM Hospital. These patients came from every county in the State. More than 12 percent of these patients participated in cancer clinical trials testing new cancer treatments and 35 percent of patients participated in other clinical research studies, including tests of novel cancer prevention strategies and cancer genome sequencing. The 130 cancer research scientists affiliated with the UNMCCC were awarded almost $60 million in federal and private grants and contracts for cancer research projects and published 301 high quality publications. Promoting economic development, they filed more than 30 new patents in FY16, and since 2010, have launched 11 new biotechnology start-up companies. Scientists associated with the UNMCCC Cancer Control & Disparities have conducted more than 60 statewide community-based cancer education, prevention, screening, and behavioral intervention studies involving more than 10,000 New Mexicans. Finally, the physicians, scientists and staff have provided education and training experiences to more than 230 high school, undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral fellowship students in cancer research and cancer health care delivery. Learn more at http://cancer.unm.edu.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
|Additional Requirements||Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. |
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CRTC Information Systems (099E)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,434.31 - $5,151.47 monthly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||7/26/2018|
|Application Instructions||APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.|
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.