University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Support Tech 2 - req# 10164
at University of New Mexico
IT Support Tech 2
|Working Title||IT Support Tech 2|
The UNM IT Service Desk provides customer service and support to students, staff, faculty, retirees, and affiliates on all UNM IT Services. We are seeking to hire a few positions for the IT Support Tech 2. This position may be required to work evenings and weekends.
Job duties include:
1. Perform routine operations of the Service Desk. Acts as an initial point of contact for hierarchical escalations and complex issue resolution within the Service Desk via phone, self-service, and in-person.
2. Participates in Service Desk planning. Assists with the development of operating goals and objectives for the Service Desk and support planning for new and existing services. Recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance and maintain operations.
3. Supports ITSM tools and activities. Assists with the functional and business analysis activities of our ITSM tool, including user support and training.
4. Coordinates Service Desk support of IT services. Acts as liaison between the Service Desk and technical teams, and as primary point of contact for expertise and support coordination within the Service Desk. Works on a team of Service Desk Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) responsible for Tier 2 support activities including expert issue resolution, customer support testing, knowledge development, and internal training.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
1. ITIL experience and/or certification
2. Help Desk Institute (HDI) certification and experience
3. Experience with Incident Management and/or ITSM tools
4. Experience in providing excellent customer service and support
5. Ability to support users and solve problems on desktop applications and web services across multiple platforms and devices
6. Experience researching, writing, editing, and publishing user-friendly documentation of technical services and subjects
7. Experience collaborating with technical teams to achieve outcomes that benefit end users and customers
8. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
|Campus||Main - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||IT Customer Service (319A)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||13.62 to $18.64 Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||8/21/2019|
|Application Instructions||Include Resume and Cover Letter|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.