University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Analyst 1 - req# 13637
at University of New Mexico
Technical Analyst 1
|Working Title||Technical Analyst 1|
The Technical Analyst 1 is an expert level role to provide routine to moderately complex technical support to departments and/or the Cancer Center community. Candidates should be well versed in hardware and software technical support and issue resolution. Under direct supervision, this technical resource receives, prioritizes, documents and actively resolves end user help requests, configures and supports desktop and laptop computers, provisions and manages user accounts among several systems, performs needs assessments, creates proposals, and implements solutions.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This position requires the ability to be at work and be on time, interact in a positive and constructive manner with coworkers, take directions from a lead or supervisor, adhere to policies, procedures, and directives, and participate in a rotating on call/stand by schedule.
1. Uses discretionary judgement within known parameters to install, maintain, and support basic to moderately complex systems for end users and/or technology stakeholders; analyzes current and proposed departmental/user hardware and software systems.
2. Assists in the development of and provides individual and/or group instruction and/or training to end users on new or updated technologies; may provide functional direction to support staff.
3. Supports small to large scale research and development initiatives and/or projects involving the implementation of new technologies.
4. Assists in the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates; may maintain, and input applicable records such as, but not limited to, network users, security, and tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials.
5. Gathers facts and data to be used in the review of proposals that consist of objectives, scope, and user expectations.
6. Analyzes and solves problems of routine complexity on computer systems, mobile devices, applications, AV equipment, and telecom devices for the end user community; provides a wide range of in-depth technical assistance to departmental users and/or support staff.
7. Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate.
8. May evaluate and test new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines and best practices.
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is the Official Cancer Center of New Mexico and the only National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in a 500-mile radius. Its 124 board-certified oncology specialty physicians include cancer surgeons in every specialty (abdominal, thoracic, bone and soft tissue, neurosurgery, genitourinary, gynecology, and head and neck cancers), adult and pediatric hematologists/medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists. They, along with more than 600 other cancer healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists, nutritionists, navigators, psychologists and social workers), provide treatment to 65% of New Mexico’s cancer patients from all across the state and partner with community health systems statewide to provide cancer care closer to home. They treated 13,578 patients in 105,748 ambulatory clinic visits in addition to in-patient hospitalizations at UNM Hospital. A total of 1,610 patients participated in cancer clinical trials, including 696 patients who participated in clinical trials testing new cancer treatments that include tests of novel cancer prevention strategies and cancer genome sequencing. The 132 cancer research scientists affiliated with the UNMCCC were awarded $34.5 million in federal and private grants and contracts for cancer research projects and published 301 high quality publications. Promoting economic development, they filed more than 30 new patents since FY16, and since 2010, have launched 11 new biotechnology start-up companies. Scientists associated with the UNMCCC Cancer Control & Disparities have conducted more than 60 statewide community-based cancer education, prevention, screening, and behavioral intervention studies involving more than 10,000 New Mexicans. Finally, the physicians, scientists and staff have provided education and training experiences to more than 230 high school, undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral fellowship students in cancer research and cancer health care delivery. Learn more at http://cancer.unm.edu.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 6 months of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
· 1 plus year of Healthcare IT experience
· A+ Certification
|Additional Requirements||Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. |
Applicants must provide names of 3 past or present supervisors as references that the hiring official can contact.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||CRTC Information Systems (099E)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$3,199.73 - $4,478.93|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||Yes|
|For Best Consideration Date||9/11/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.APPLICANT: Please complete the official application; making sure to include all prior work experience and average hours worked per week. Attach your Current Resume; listing three former or current Supervisor References. Attach your Cover Letter that details how your experience matches the position as described above; including any Preferred Qualifications.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.