University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Analyst 1 - req# 9388
at University of New Mexico
Technical Analyst 1
|Working Title||Technical Analyst 1|
The Department of Neurosciences in the School of Medicine is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Technical Analyst 1. We are seeking a resourceful, flexible, motivated individual to support faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, research and administrative staff associated with the department.
The Technical Analyst I will provide specialized IT support and oversight for our diverse technical needs. The successful candidate will have experience supporting, implementing, troubleshooting and repairing specialized biomedical equipment and software.
Job Duties Include:
· Strong technical communication skills; documenting complex issues in a simple way for end users and other technical staff.
· Act as an initial point of contact for departmental staff IT issues. Work with stakeholders and Tier 2/3 support from the HSC CIO’s office to ensure departmental computing resources are secure and supported according to standards.
· Analyze and recommend technical solutions that provide value to departmental activities
· Ability to integrate emerging technologies and applications into current environment and to identify technical specifications to meet user needs, including operating system and network or application configuration.
· Work with vendors and support entities external to the university
· Inventory control and asset tracking
Under direct supervision, provides basic professional level support in routine to moderately complex areas such as systems analysis to implement and support departments and/or the university community with technical solutions as they relate to the academic, research or administrative operations of the department. Resolves routine to moderately complex problems. Serves as technical resource to users/departments in deriving needs assessments, proposals, implementing requests, and solutions. May supervise or provide functional direction to support staff and/or student employees.
* Fundamental knowledge of basic systems analysis.
* Knowledge of a broad range of relevant computer systems, applications, and/or related equipment.
* Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocol.
* Basic knowledge of advanced operating system, network, or application management tasks.
* Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
* Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
* Ability to integrate emerging technologies and applications into current environment and to identify technical specifications to meet user needs including operating system and network or application configuration.
* Ability to identify technical specifications to meet user needs including operating system and network or application configuration.
* Skills in planning, organizing, and adapting within a multi-tasking environment.
|Conditions of Employment|
Bachelor's degree; at least 6 months of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Neurosciences General Admin (993C)|
|Staff Type||Regular - Full-Time|
|Term End Date|
|Pay||$2,986.30 - $4,478.93|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||7/4/2019|
|Application Instructions||Please include a resume and cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.