UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Entry Operator
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Truman Health Services
$13.25 minimum - $16.55 midpoint, hourly
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: E5013/ Senior Data Entry Operator
FLSA: Non- Exempt
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: NOVEMBER 15, 2018
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
Truman Health Services is a NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home which provides the highest level of care and latest treatment options for New Mexicans living with HIV, requiring gender services or seeking PrEP. We offer a variety of treatment services utilizing a holistic approach towards supporting our patients’ medical, social and mental health needs. Truman Health Services is seeking an experienced candidate to join our Quality and Compliance Team as a Senior Data Entry Operator.
Our team seeks to find a reliable Senior Data Entry Operator. The ideal candidate will have quick typing sills, an analytic mind, exceptional attention to detail and a passion for precision. We are seeking a candidate who has experience mining data from electronic health records and has developed individual work flow processes that increase accuracy of data entry. An exceptional candidate should be able to work well independently and as a member of a team, meet time sensitive deadlines and always seek opportunities for continued process improvement
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Coordinates and performs the preparation, data entry, verification, and editing of complex, typically confidential data. Interacts with other departments to resolve problems and inquiries, and to establish and maintain efficient data and information flow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks, verifies, and edits data to ensure compatibility with data entry systems and procedural requirements.
- Receives and routes associated source paperwork to and from departments; works with department representatives as necessary to facilitate and expedite the efficient flow of documentation.
- Inputs and retrieves alphabetical and numerical information in prescribed format, utilizing knowledge of various data entry systems.
- Performs data entry on a daily basis in multiple data entry systems.
- Maintains daily productivity tracking in database.
- Under general supervision, may lead, guide, and allocate work to other data entry employees.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED with at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the release of confidential information.
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Knowledge of computer data entry systems, protocols and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of efficient document flow procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to use 10-key by touch.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.