UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UNM Medical Group
UNMMG Information Technologies
# of Openings:
Position Class Code/Title: E3012 / Systems Administrator
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
UNM Medical Group IT Systems and Operations department supports the computer systems and IT infrastructure for the UNM Medical Group. This includes desktops, laptops, printers, servers, and various applications that run on these systems within this IT infrastructure. The UNM Medical Group IT Systems and Operations department is looking for a skilled Systems Administrator to work in the IT Systems and Operations support group. This position works closely with various departments and other IT departments within the UNM Medical Group and overall UNMH Health System to resolve incidents and requests with the computer systems, server, storage, and network environment. This position will be responsible for resolving a wide variety of physical and virtual server issues that can include; Windows Servers, Windows Deployment Services, VMWare, Compel/ent SAN storage, LINUX, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, replacing hardware, installing software, extensive Active Directory and Group Policy support, file server, network shares, and 3rd party business applications. The IT Systems and Operations support group provides support through various means; direct on-site support, telephone support, E-mail support, and remote assistance. Candidates for this position should have experience troubleshooting and resolving server hardware, storage, virtual server and software problems. It is desired that they have a technical understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (client/server), VMWare, LINUX, and Veeam backup software. Candidates should be comfortable working directly with customers and other IT support groups whether that is over the phone or in person, and have good communication skills to effectively give technical guidance to a variety of customers.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified
Under limited supervision, administers all aspects of an advanced, distributed computer system supporting wide functional areas of the UNM Medical Group operations. Plans and coordinates system utilization, and performs growth analysis and capacity planning. Performs systems and applications analysis/design and programming to produce a variety of innovative solutions to complex problems. Performs installation, maintenance, training, and user support, as required; plans and coordinates projects to meet future needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, evaluates, installs, configures, and troubleshoots all hardware, peripherals, and equipment necessary to meet integrated systems objectives
- Aids in customizing, upgrading, integrating, and testing software for users.
- Manages multiple servers, workstations, and network devices, ensuring proper integration of these components with existing UNM Medical Group computer systems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Documents projects and writes user instructions.
- Investigates, plans, implements, tests, and debugs operating system software.
- Records and maintains hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access and security.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs problem resolution and provides on-call support for computer/network systems.
- Provides security support for desktop/laptop/server hardware and software.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, particularly as related to Microsoft, INFOBLOX, and VMware products.
- Provide problem resolution for desktop related software, hardware and components of the UH Health system LAN. Assist with level 2 and 3 desktop support.
- Knowledge of network switches, routers, TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP
- Provides recommendations for changes in security within the organization.
- Assists with implementing and developing IT security measures with UNMH and HSC IT.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- May lead or guide the work of other staff and/or students engaged in similar functions.
- Manages multiple linked databases to include security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and development and implementation of bulk data import/export procedures.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree; at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.OR Successful completion of at least 60 college-level credit hours; at least 6 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.OR High school diploma or GED; at least 8 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to lead assigned staff including prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to develop and write systems and applications documentation and guides for users.
- Ability to plan, create, program and manage complex statistical computer databases.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
- Knowledge of data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of a range of network systems, protocols, and applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of LAN administration in a secure environment.
- Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
- Knowledge of systems security protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of systems growth analysis and capacity planning processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of cost analysis and budgeting procedures.
- Knowledge of data management techniques.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
- Knowledge of and competency in the use of a variety of programming languages.
- Knowledge of computer site licensure regulations and requirements.
- Detailed working knowledge of Windows product families.
- Experience with Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012, SQL 2008, Windows 7.
- Server hardware: Dell PowerEdge and HP/Compaq
- Virtualization: VMWare ESX, VMWare Server, Microsoft Hyper-V
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Specialty licensure/certification may be required, as specified by the department.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.