Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst - Report Writer
at TBK Bank
Position Summary: The Data Analyst – Report Writer is responsible for surfacing data in the reporting suite utilizing a variety of techniques required to support both standardized and exploratory data analysis functions. The Data Analyst absorbs, collects, and works with stakeholders to prioritize reporting requirements and provide insight into driving process efficiencies, measuring departmental success criteria, and uncover new revenue and cost savings opportunities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to working closely with business unit leaders to provide reports and access to the information required to support their specific and evolving objectives, creating data export scripts and jobs from production systems into the reporting ecosystem, managing data quality and governance throughout the data life-cycle, assist with the definition of new data warehouse constructs and the production of new data marts, and working with developers, data engineers, and infrastructure to ensure system stability, availability, and reliability. This role must collaborate with internal partners and stakeholders at every level to contribute to and support long-term data strategy and operational success of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with senior leadership to understand strategic reporting needs and with internal partners to understand business priorities in order to implement the correct reporting approach for the information being requested
- Provide strategic data-related thought leadership regarding implementation of Power BI and SSIS reports, and support the positioning of TriumphPay for long-term operational success and effectiveness
- Serve as a front line partner with individual business unit members to drive the significant value with quick turnaround time provide additional insight by aggregating data from multiple systems.
- Create new data marts when required and manage change management process for data modifications to existing data marts and consumers
- Create and provide board level reports as required on a quarterly basis
- Work with stakeholders and management to manage the roadmap, prioritize opportunities based on business and customer impact, and maintain existing features to ensure high quality and data integrity
- Work with infrastructure team to ensure security and compliance policies are enforced in role-based data access mechanisms and data retention procedures
- Provide ad-hoc support for reporting and data access requests on an as needed basis to support compliance and legal audits and requests for discovery
- Work with technology and business partners to promote further system automation and help deliver successful reporting-related projects
- Demonstrate Triumph’s values and TriumphPay’s core tenets
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, or related field preferred; will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- 3-6 years of professional experience in business intelligence, datawarehousing, and SQL
- Experience in transportation industry and general factoring is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong technical background with understanding of SQL and relational databases (RDBMS)
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with Azure DevOps, AWS (preferred)
- Detail-oriented, well organized, analytical, and with independent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach and hands-on experience
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy
- Creativity in taking on complex tasks head on and generating solutions to complex issues
- Strong professional communication skills
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!