Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr IT Project Manager - PMP
at Valleywise Health
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: PMO & Governance
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director Project Management Office and Governance, this position is responsible for planning, managing and monitoring all aspects of most projects throughout the project lifecycle including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change. In addition, is responsible for the management of projects that likely have a significant cross-functional departmental impact as well as enterprise-wide impact. This position also provides customer satisfaction leadership, tracking and reporting; and ensures project alignment and adherence with IT Architecture and Engineering standards, through collaboration and comprehensive assessment. Achieves planned outcomes and targeted return on invested resources. Provides guidance to others in the appropriate, effective and efficient use approved methods and standards. In addition, this position mentors, develops junior project managers, and educates others on best practices.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree.
- A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience; and a Doctorate degree may substitute for all required experience.
- Requires five (5) years of progressively responsible project management related experience that demonstrates a thorough understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent project management certification is required.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to regularly deliver commercially valuable results based on broad and deep professional and business experience.
- Must be able to routinely apply working knowledge in multiple relevant disciplines through creative applications to problems/innovation.
- Must be able to proficiently apply IT methods, professional knowledge, and Valleywise Health standards and practices in the assessment of projects which will vary in size and complexity.
- Must possess a compelling track record of successful, complex assignments, accomplished with independence and creativity. Requires ability to take a whole business/whole company approach to identifying problems and creating solutions that support overall company progress/success.
- Requires the ability to provide guidance to other in the appropriate, effective and efficient use of approved methods and standards.
- Must be able to evaluate requirements and functional and technical designs of complex applications to identify and analyze potential risks early in the development cycle.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge and high proficiency for performing process audits and control; and be able to analyze and manage reported issues through resolution.
- Must be able to facilitate basic design, implementation, and control issues and incidents.
- Must have knowledge and be able to enforce project standards and demonstrate a mastery of project management processes through the training of others on project management tools and template usage.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.