Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Software Engineer
at Vanco Payment Solutions
Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits, and education organizations a complete range or payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits, and schools.
Our IT team is searching for a talented Lead Software Engineer to join our team. This is a fulltime position on our Agile-based product development team. We need someone who can write high quality code as well as architect and lead other developers on projects. We are in search of a developer with 8 plus years of experience in software development particularly in C#, .Net, and .Net Core, and has experience architecting and building highly secure RESTful APIs. Experience within the payment industry, or other industries with similar security requirements is a plus.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop customer-facing web applications using industry leading technologies
- Lead software development projects including design, development, requirements review and managing scope
- Collaborate with teammates daily
- Mentor junior developers on projects
- Design, implement and maintain our Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant ecommerce platform, following architecture and coding standards and producing related technical and functional business documentation.
- Lead and participate in daily stand-up meetings and other Agile meetings, including backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Commute to, and work in an office environment
- BS Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 8 or more years of overall software development experience
- 4 or more years of experience developing web applications
- 4 or more years of experience with relational databases, including SQL, TSQL, Entity Framework, database design and best practices (SQL Server preferred)
- 4 or more years of experience with C#, .NET, MVC and numerous Web development technologies such as Bootstrap and Telerik Kendo UI
- 4 or more years working with or designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with best practices for cloud-based architectures
- Experience with APM and logging framework design
- Solid knowledge of web application security. Experience with PCI preferred
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and principles, including Agile methodologies
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed, detail oriented, creative problem solver
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- Must have strong multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the payments industry or an industry with similar security requirements
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: jQuery, JSON, Git, NodeJS
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!