Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Future Opening: Security Engineer
at Vanco Payment Solutions
We are looking for a capable security engineer, who enjoys very detailed security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
Your responsibility will be to better the security posture of the organization by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security, networking and systems engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engineer, implement, manage and monitor security solutions, for the protection of computer systems, networks and data
- o Key Management platform
- o WAF rules
- o Secure Cloud Configuration - Azure/AWS
- o NIDS and HIDS
- o FIM platform
- o Layer 2/3 Firewall Policies
- o OS Hardening (Linux/Windows)
- o Python Scripting
- Managing and maintenance of security-based solutions running on dedicated security servers
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Develop detailed cyber security architectures
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures of protocols and processes
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Provide lead security engineering responses for security incidents
- Provide expert advice and consultancy on remediation of security findings
- Provide training & technical leadership to other resources
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Participate in an ongoing 24/7 on-call rotation
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 Years of experience in IT, 3+ years’ experience in Information Security Engineering
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience working in complex infrastructure environments. Established understanding of the relationships between networked systems, applications & APIs, and users.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Hands on experience with CENTOS, other Linux flavors
- Hands on experience in the following:
- o L2/L3 Firewalls
- o Web Application Firewalls (WAFs)
- o Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- o File-Integrity Monitoring (FIM)
- o Security Information and Event Management (SIEMs)
- o Authentication Systems
- o Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- o Log Management
- o Content Filtering
- o Vulnerability Management
- o Cloud Security
- o Identity and Access Management (SSO)
- Deep level knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/IP
- Linux command line experience
- Ability to script in python
- System hardening practices
- Incident response experience
- Web application security knowledge
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Be familiar with both open source and commercial security solutions
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!