Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Systems Engineer
at Virgin Galactic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 400 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
TSC is seeking a talented and motivated Systems Engineer to join our team. The primary responsibility will be supporting structures, systems, and software development and integration for all aspects of aerospace vehicles. The ideal candidate will have proven prior results in technology development of integrated hardware and software in the aerospace industry. This role is for an engineer with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
- Develop vehicle, system and software requirements for design and verification
- Define and document the interface constraints between vehicle systems and structures
- Work closely with software and hardware teams to develop qualification plans and artifacts
- Specification, integration, and testing of avionics, aircraft mechanical and/or electrical systems, and structures
- Work with TSC engineers, and subcontractors to define requirements and interfaces for custom components
- Plan, execute, and report on vehicle ground and flight testing
- Ensure technology and product development activities are focused on and satisfy relevant requirements
What you bring
- B.S. Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Relevant experience in aerospace or similar field is desired
- Experience certifying air vehicle equipment to DO-160 and/or DO-178 is desired
- Familiarity with air vehicle design practices and engineering fundamentals
- Strong troubleshooting, organizational, and written communication skills required
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.