Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Avionics Wire Harness Design & Manufacturing Engineer
at Virgin Galactic
- Req No.
- Regular Full-Time
Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
- Produce wire harness manufacturing instructions
- Produce wire harness termination drawings
- Wire harness production support, assisting technicians on the shop floor
- Responsible for tracking jobs and checking work
What you bring
- Strong understanding of wire harness manufacturing process and formboard drawings
- Strong understanding of electrical schematics & termination drawings
- Experience integrating wire harnesses in vehicle
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft-type wiring and components such as connectors, backshells, conduits, relays, switches, terminal junction system components, etc.
- Attential to detail in technical writing
- Catia V5 Electrical Workbench is a plus
- Experience with schematics in Microsoft Visio is a plus
- Experience with Mentor Graphics is a plus
- Experience with composites is a plus
- Must have a B.S. Engineering degree from an accredited university
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.