Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Virgin Galactic
- Req No.
- Quality Assurance
- Regular Full-Time
Who we are
The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of over 400 talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
TSC is seeking a first rate experienced Quality Engineer with experience in composite aircraft production. The primary task of this role will be to ensure compliance with company policies, practices, procedures and work rules to support and maintain an AS9100-compliant Quality Management System (QMS). The Quality Engineer will possess a thorough knowledge of the aerospace industry and regulatory environment. The successful candidate will work directly with engineering to fully understand the design requirements and to ensure inspection requirements are properly executed and documented. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain relationships at all levels in order to identify and resolve obstacles and facilitate results. Additionally the QE may be required to help with in-process inspections in support of production.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, and suppliers to ensure that requirements are met and correctly documented.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, practices, procedures and work rules to support and maintain an AS9100-compliant Quality Management.
- Participate in process improvement planning in a Team based environment.
- Develop and maintain required process metrics.
- Perform process quality audits and internal audits of the QMS.
- Coordinate with customers on product quality issues, escapes and development of corrective actions.
- Analyze non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Successfully handle the quality audit process, including planning, preparing, executing, reporting results, and follow-up.
- Comply with safety regulations and promote safe working environment.
What you bring
- ASQ certification preferred.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent experience) in Manufacturing, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven hands-on experience in an airframe fabrication, assembly and integration environment.
- In depth understanding of the testing, inspection, quality issues and certification of aircraft, including all systems and particularly those associated with composite aero structures.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2000, AS9100, FAA regulations and industry standards.
- Advanced problem solving, including analyzing, investigating and following up.
- Proven experience in quantitative data analysis, measurement systems, reporting methodologies and MRB processes.
- Knowledge of business systems including ERP, Microsoft Office and CATIA V5.
- Being innovative in tactical matters, breaking down barriers, proposing alternate solutions for process improvement.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.