Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Manager - Part time -$2K Bonus
at Volunteers of America
Start the Year with a New Job at Volunteers of America-Sleepy Eye Care Center, Great Place to Work-Certified!
We are looking for a part time Quality Assurance Manager (RN) to join our team in Sleepy Eye, MN on the PM Shift (3p-11:30p). Must be Flexible. Shift Differential is $3.00 more per hour.
This schedule is as follows:
***Weekdays (Choose 2 days, of your choice, to work on site)
***Weekends (Work every 4th Saturday and Sunday and must be on call during this weekend)
OBJECTIVE: The QA Manager develops, organizes and monitors a Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) plan for the Residents.
- Participates in the definition of factors which influence and affect the care delivered to agency clients.
- Designs, reviews, updates and implements the agency Total Quality Improvement plan.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education of the Advisory Committee, and agency staff in matters related to the Quality Improvement Plan.
- Identifies agency staff needs relative to skills and specialty areas and arranges training programs.
- Reviews policy and procedures and other written materials at least annually; recommends changes, deletions, or additions.
- Provides resources for staff in written materials, workshops, and written references.
- Assists in the design and fulfillment of the agency's in-service education plan and ensures that proper records are maintained.
- Coordinates the agency's quarterly clinical record review.
- Schedules the date, time, and location of meetings and notifies committee members of date.
- Selects sample of active and closed records in accordance with policy and Medicare requirements.
- Conducts record review meeting and prepares written summary of findings and recommendations.
- Assists in implementation of recommendations and plans for evaluating results.
- Monitors utilization of services, client concerns, and risk management programs.
- Attends client care conferences and monitors progress and documentation of activities and outcomes.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Outcome-Based Quality Improvement (OBQI) Team.
- Regularly reviews samples of admissions to verify:
- Timeliness of response to referral
- Services provided
- Compliance with orders
- Appropriateness of amount
- Level of care provided
- Regularly reviews samples of discharged charts to verify that discharge summary has been completed and outcomes of care are documented.
- Reviews all reports of complaints, incidents, and grievances to ensure appropriate response and resolve.
- Coordinates a program for risk management which identifies written guidelines and policies and procedures for agency staff to follow.
- Provides supervision of employees working in high-risk situations and any situation in which client and/or employee are at risk
- Participates in annual agency evaluation. Prepares, distributes, tabulates, and evaluates results of satisfaction surveys from clients, physicians, and referral sources. Makes home visits as needed to observe care delivery and client satisfaction.
- Assesses the utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Respects confidentiality of information in client and personnel records.
- Protects identity of staff and/or client in information presented in statistics, reports, training programs, and in correspondence and/or communication within agency or in the community.
- Identifies confidentiality standards in all training programs.
- Protects written documents in a manner that prevents unauthorized access to them.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and agency staff.
- Identifies safety practices for employees in office setting and in client homes.
- Provides resources to ensure safety of clients and staff.
- Ensures that agency emergency preparedness plan is identified and communicated to all staff
- Ensures staff orientation to safety practices and infection control.
- Monitors compliance with agency policy and procedures.
- Performs job duties in accordance with agency policies, procedures, and professional and community standards.
- Accepts responsibility in accordance with the role of the Director of Quality Improvement.
- Assures services are provided in accordance with state and federal standards..
- Meets monthly and as needed with the Director of Clinical Services to identify areas requiring monitoring or intervention.
- Participates in agency-wide program to establish and implement a system for measuring client outcomes and identify practices to improve outcomes and control costs.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services or Administrator.
- 1. Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
2. Education: Minimum of Bachelors Degree in health related field or three (3) years of relevant experience in health related field.
3. Experience: Minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience in QAPI activities in a health related work environment.
4. Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to lead and supervise effectively.
- Creative, detailed-oriented and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have integrity, practice discretion and practice objective problem solving.
- Data collection skills and knowledge of basic statistical principles.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.