Volvo Group Global
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GTP SQ&D Project Manager Field Quality
at Volvo Group Global
As the SQ&D Project Manager Field Quality for GTP NA, you are responsible to manage and drive improvements in field quality, including regulatory issues, in issues that involve suppliers and their products, working crossfunctionally to investigate, address and report these issues. You will be responsible to drive problem solving process that will address the field quality issues with speed and accountability to provide robust solutions to Volvo and Mack customers, control the overall progress and status of all the problem solving initiatives involving GTP and drive field quality awareness in GTP North America.
You will also promote a strong collaboration between Supplier Development and the rest of NA SQ&D and GTP, locally and globally, Group Trucks Technology (GTT) and Group Trucks Operation (GTO), thereby capitalizing on global knowledge and competence sharing within SQ&D.
Reporting To: GTP NA SQ&D Supplier Development Manager.
As the SQ&D Project Manager Field Quality, you will support all activities that ensure that issues are investigated and reported to regulatory authorities, as per the applicable legislation, in the timely and confidential manner that these topics require. With your strong technical background, knowledge of manufacturing process and network within GTP and the supplier base, you will be able to provide accurate information and direction to the field issues under investigation.
- Manage and drive necessary actions to ensure that field quality are addressed and GTP NA deliverables and results are met
- Represent GTP NA in Safety and Regulatory Issues
- Entry point of contact for regulatory/safety investigations that potentially impact suppliers or supplier quality with Regulatory Affairs/Legal/TSM/Q&CS
- Secure investigation, action plans and reports of field quality related issues towards buyers and SQEs
- Manage the supplier relationship and any communication related to the identified issues
- Secure information to GTP NA management of actions and issues which require their attention and support
- Primary contact within GTP NA to lead and secure external campaigns (service campaigns and recalls) making sure actions and solutions are prioritized with customer focus
- Represent GTP NA in field quality meetings
- Steer GTP NA field quality meetings, reporting status, roadblocks and risks, as well as requesting management support to drive improvements in the field quality area
- Manage the Quality Journal (QJ) and Quality Solving Process (QSP) and track its KPIs within GTP NA
- Primary contact within GTP NA for Supplier Warranty Recovery, tracking and communicating results and driving improvements
- Leverage the SQ&D strategic line and regional networks to support GTx in field quality issues with knowledge and expertise, prioritizing customer focus
- Work closely with SQEs and buyers to understand roadblocks and current actions and identify what is needed to remove roadblocks
- University degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain (quality and development) and/or production experience
- Experience in manufacturing technologies and processes
- Strong problem solving, project management, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong continuous improvement and zero defect mindset
- Preferably, knowledgeable of Volvo and Purchasing processes and systems
- Act with strong sense of urgency and commitment
- Able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected
- Face problems and act quickly and directly
- Able to handle unfamiliar tasks, using previous experiences
- Ability to multitask and manage workload efficiently and effectively
- Ability to drive sense of urgency to suppliers focused on information, communication, and results. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Be customer focused
- Provide timely information for accurate decisions
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Able to execute in a complex regional organization
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Imagine yourself working in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions which employs about 110,000 employees, has production in 19 countries and sales in about 190 countries. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter.
We believe that a work climate characterized by respect for the individual, challenging career opportunities and a healthy workplace, support personal development and make your work stimulating. We believe that diversity and inclusion increase your engagement, generate innovation and business development – and make the Volvo Group a more interesting place to work. We believe that every employee has the capability and the determination to improve our business operations, and the desire to develop professionally. And we believe that responsible business, including environmental aspects, business ethics, human rights and social issues, is our way of doing business.
Together we move the world. Join the Volvo Group Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?