Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Web Programmer Analyst
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4180
Position Control: 3416
Department: Management Information Systems
Accountable To: Systems and Programming Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 10, 2019
Summary: Under general direction, incumbent(s) designs and programs interactive and dynamic web based applications, tests and modifies applications, and provides continuous maintenance for the applications and specialized software. In addition, incumbent(s) collaborates with departments and schools to identify needs and creates and maintains documentation of all applications developed and modified.
- Designs and programs interactive and dynamic web based applications for the District departments and schools. Creates and maintains routines for the effective interaction of the application with the client and the clients’ hardware and performs specialized tasks.
- Tests new or modified applications to determine operational effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency. Recommends correction of deficiencies.
- Provides continuous maintenance for the application and specialized software developed by troubleshooting problems, being aware of and communicating program deficiencies and continually seeking methods to improve program delivery.
- Creates and maintains documentation of all applications developed to include instructions, application processes, flowcharts, and troubleshooting assistance.
- Collaborates with department and school staff to identify needs for new applications and to meet changing needs to existing applications. Ensures applications meet the needs of the department and school processes. Updates department and school staff on the progress of current projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
- Two years of programming experience in PHP or ASP;
- Two years of Microsoft SQL and web application experience.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Applying procedures and processes involved in designing, developing, testing and debugging business and education web based applications;
- Using Microsoft SQL, MySQL, database administration and design;
- Understanding operation of on-line data communications network including control messages, errors, and recovery procedures;
- Using computer software related programs such as Microsoft Office;
- Analyzing business information and task flows to determine the best solution to meet the clients' needs;
- Writing application software using third and fourth generation languages;
- Preparing clear, concise and informative written reports, correspondence, memorandums and documentation.
- Working effectively as a member of a team and applying consensus decision making techniques;
- Making effective oral presentations clearly conveying technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Organizing tasks and working independently to meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Handling difficult and sensitive situations utilizing good judgment;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 13, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)