Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Webster Bank
436 Slater Road-HF308
The Solutions Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting Enterprise Architecture activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces, and driving achieving targeted business outcomes. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services. The incumbent is also responsible for defining target architecture strategy and roadmaps to successfully identify, implement and rationalize core banking solutions, integration patterns.
The Solutions Architect partners with cross functional teams to bridge the gap between various teams and projects to make sure that solutions are consistent with the target architecture, and are cost-effective and rationalized to meet the business goals. The Solutions Architect will provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise's solutions architecture. This individual creates deliverables that help develop a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions -- including systems, shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted outcomes for Webster Bank.
Major Duties and Responsibilites:
- Builds and maintains architecture standards and best practices
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised.
Education, Experience & Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of related experience, with 5+ years working in an enterprise or solutions architecture capacity, with practical experience developing strategic roadmaps
- 5+ years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines including: enterprise or solutions architecture, application development, middleware, data integration and SOA.
- Experience in core banking solutions preferred
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Technology neutral: remains unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor choice, and is more interested in results than personal preferences
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture