Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Applications QA Engineer (Automation & Functional) - (ASE4)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Join Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Quality Engineering (EQE) Group as Applications QA Engineer (Application Systems Engineer 4 - ASE4) working within the Secure Session Banking QA Team for automation and development of test scripts in Agile. The QA group focuses on testing cutting edge Banking Services Application on Desktop, Tablets and Smart phones. As an ASE4, the selected candidate will be responsible for supporting stories development within a sprint, including analysis, in-sprint script coding, as well as executing those scripts in an effort to test the functionality developed in the Wells Fargo Digital Channel Technology Group.
We have 2 openings for Applications QA Engineers - both have the same core responsibilities with automation and functional QA (as detailed below) and a defined emphasis within each role:
- One role has an emphasis on the automation of services across various platforms; San Francisco, CA is the preferred work site (can also consider Charlotte, NC / Chandler, AZ).
- One role will be aligned to a platform with an emphasis on automation using Selenium; Charlotte, NC is the preferred work site (can also consider Chandler, AZ).
Note: The only work site locations that can be considered are San Francisco, CA; Charlotte, NC; and Chandler, AZ.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Utilize Selenium, LISA ITKO/CA DevTest, Junit, Appium, and Mockito to automate and virtualize manual test cases
- Develop and provide recommendations to the existing framework for highly visible mission critical applications
- Support general activities such as but not limited to: provide oversight and participate in overall project/systems testing, analyze business requirements and technical documentation, document test strategies and test plans, design and execute manual test cases, automate test cases and maintain of existing regression suites, conduct code reviews, peer reviews, setup and maintain test data, metrics reporting to overall platform leads and managers to ensure platform release changes are deployed into production with high quality and defect free.
- Work closely with application development leads, QA leads from other areas, and business groups to ensure successful collaboration; as well as engaging in technical conversations with application architects and developers
- Actively participate in meetings to provide feedback, raise potential technical issues and share recommendations to resolve issues
- Develop original and/or complex code for automation; perform code review and/or provide coding guidance to less experienced staff
- Lead and/or perform modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Verify program logic by overseeing preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participates in overall system testing.
- Develop new documentation, participate in the development of department technical procedures and design user guides
- Serve as a primary escalation point for testing support/troubleshooting for less experienced staff
- Guide and direct less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience using Selenium, LISA ITKO/CA DevTest, Junit, Appium, and Mockito for automation testing of online and mobile banking applications
- Knowledge and understanding of Java, Web Services, UI (User Interface), mobile technologies, and architecture/solutions for web applications and web services
- Ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.