Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Applications System Engineer - Enterprise Quality Engineering Group
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Join Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Quality Engineering (EQE) Group as Application Systems Engineer working within the Secure Session Banking QA Team for automation and development of test scripts in Agile. The QA group focuses on testing cutting edge Banking Services Application on Desktop, Tablets and Smart phones. As an ASE, selected candidate will be responsible for supporting stories development within a sprint, including analyses, in-sprint script coding as well as executing those scripts in an effort to test the functionality developed in the Wells Fargo Digital Channel Technology Group.
- Utilize LISA DevTest to automate and virtualize manual test cases
- Develop and provide recommendations to the existing framework for highly visible mission critical applications
- Support general activities such as but not limited to: provide oversight and participate in overall project/systems testing, analyze business requirements and technical documentation, document test strategies and test plans, design and execute manual test cases, automate test cases and maintain of existing regression suites, conduct code reviews, peer reviews, setup and maintain test data, metrics reporting to overall platform leads and managers to ensure platform release changes are deployed into production with high quality and defect free.
- Work closely with application development leads, QA leads from other areas, and business groups to ensure successful collaboration
- Develop original and/or complex code and/or provide coding guidance to less experienced staff
- Lead and/or perform modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Verify program logic by overseeing preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participates in overall system testing.
- Develop new documentation, participate in the development of department technical procedures and design user guides
- Serve as a primary escalation point for testing support/troubleshooting for less experienced staff
- Guide and direct less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems
Location: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd, Charlotte, NC
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of defect tracking tool experience
- 3+ years of workload automation tool experience
- 3+ years of Quality Center experience
- Experience leading projects that require integration of multiple technology systems to deliver new online functionality and user experience
- Ability to identify and recommend new policies/programs that improve existing products or develop new programs
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
- Ability to act as a liaison between the technical design staff and business requester to ensure all requirements are met
- Knowledge and understanding of business systems analysis or design in the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of web systems: architecture or design
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: for technical design documentation used by engineering teams
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: impact analysis, detailed designs and unit test plans
- Ability to consult at the highest technical level on design: planning, integration, implementation, scalability, and problem definition
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.