Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Applications Systems Engineer 6
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application. talent. It all begins with you.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Enterprise Data Lake team is key components of Enterprise Data Environment that consolidates and distributes data from various LOBs and IT systems. It is a part of Wells Fargo business strategic data program across all LOBs. The data lake will ingest data from all data generation systems across all businesses areas and provide data standardization, normalization, data governance, and the big data platform for data analysis in both batch and real time modes.
This position will focusing on various automation implementation support such data onboarding automation, application on boarding automation, and cluster build and patching automation. The position will provide expertise in Hadoop administration and best practice, data security, Linux system trouble shooting, and vendor tool integeation. The person will be working closely with various development teams in IDS and be responsible for establishing and enforcing scalable self-service architecture design model.
Participate in automation development including development, regression testing, trouble shooting, deployment, and user support.
- Provide technical leadership to a automation team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
- Partner closely with Hadoop admin team and other development teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
- Assist implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) data on boarding self-service, automation metrics collection, Hadoop cluster build automation and hardening.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with SDLC processes
- Troubleshoot production support issues post automation build and come up with solutions
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in Hadoop administration, involving HBASE, Kafka, MapRDB, Spark
- 10+ years of UNIX Shell Scripting experience
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience in networking, vendor interaction, production environment monitoring and tooling
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.