Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apps System Engineer 5 - ETL Developer
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Join the Enterprise Data & Analytics group as an Applications Systems Engineer where you will be developing ETL processes for large data warehouse projects using Teradata and Ab Initio. Strong data analysis skills are required to understand and make sense of customer data. You'll work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors. You’ll be part of a technical team building enterprise wide projects through all phases of the system development life cycle including analysis, design, modeling, testing, implementation, user support and documentation.
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Provide guidance to other team members and contractors as required
- Participate in design reviews and ensure application of best practices and standards
- Review code for consistency, quality and performance
- Implement best practices for test environments
- Participate in cross application efforts to share knowledge and bring new developments to the team.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Related Technology
- Well versed in Teradata analytic functions, query optimization, explain plans, parallelism, and other advanced database topics
- Ability to understand complex data models
- Ability to provide leadership to a virtual or remote team
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of a Unix environment, Unix scripting & automation
- Experience working with web and mobile based application systems and data
- Experience with MQ, XML and Java
- Proven experience with Unix and Linux
- Proven capability to build strong partnerships and work with business partners to effectively negotiate priorities and scope of work.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize competing demands within the team, across work teams and with partners
- Experience acting as a liaison between technical and business teams to manage build out and implementation of business intelligence reporting solutions
- Experience in big data environment
- Be willing to work non-standard hours as the need arises.
- Ability to work on call as assigned
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.