Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apps Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Wholesale Small Business Technical Analysis and Support is looking for a highly skilled Applications Systems Engineer to work on mainframe software development (focus on COBOL or SAS). This ASE will provide technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs and will participate in the development of technical projects focusing on how the change impacts customers.
This role requires knowledge and understanding of application life-cycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support with a strong understanding of High Availability concept and architecture. This Engineer will be counted on to provide technical expertise for technical issues, supporting mainframe files and processes, Business Continuity Planning exercises and First Data Resources major implementation changes.
- Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions.
- Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to team members.
- Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Leads the migration of programs to production.
- Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met.
- Provide ongoing development and support for Small Business Lending risk, marketing and compliance initiatives.
- Provide direction or guidance to less experienced staff
This individual MUST be a self-starter, focused on meeting small business lending products marketing, risk and compliance requirements, building strong relationships with business/technology support teams focused on process improvement and efficiencies using industry standard methodologies.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of overall experience working in a mainframe technology environment.
- Experience in designing, developing, and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- 5+ years of experience on mainframe COBOL, SAS, Easytrieve, JCL, IBM Utilities, SYNCSORT
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and lead a team of knowledged developers.
- Various performance analysis and tuning techniques.
- Proof of being a highly motivated self-starter who solves problems with a business centric view.
- Exposure to Wells Fargo PAC2000 -WF's ticketing system based on Remedy application
- Experience with CICS and VSAM
- Experience with CA7, PAC2000, ENDEVOR
- Knowledge and Technical understanding of Mainframe and many interface technologies (MQ, NDM).
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in financial industry
- Experience with First Data Resources functionality, processing and files
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.