Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence & Analytics Lead Engineer - Enterprise Observability (ASE6)
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
At Wells Fargo, the Chief Technology Office (CTO) organization is leading technology transformation in a multi-cloud technology landscape by developing and delivering innovative products that delight our customers and speed to market banking products to our customers. As part of the CTO Operations and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) group, the Enterprise Observability Team is responsible for delivering innovative, scalable, stable, and secure products that provide deep business insight, operational insight, and predictive analysis. As a member of the team, you will be a key contributor to the development of products that provide full stack observability including application monitoring, logging, alerting, and visualization.
As part of the Enterprise Observability team, the Business Intelligence and Analytics Lead Engineer will design, develop, and implement cutting edge business intelligence solutions, data visualizations and analytics utilizing Big Data and near real-time data streams as part of a journey to build a new enterprise observability platform. Apply and be part of new function as we shift to monetize our technology data assets and drive towards a fast, scalable and data-driven enterprise.
Duties/responsibilities include the following:
- Design and develop relevant metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards for product owners and engineering leaders to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Process and analyze large-scale technology operational data to obtain new insights into technology operations, utilization, risks and performance.
- Partner with internal customers, architects, engineers and other technical partners to gather requirements, understand existing systems and develop products to maximize secure and compliant application observability.
- Combine knowledge of statistical methodology and analysis with programming skills to support complex analyses
- Work with complex databases, conduct in-depth research to identify data issues, propose solutions to improve data integrity; perform other database-related analyses and projects as requested.
- Identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and exploit multiple structured data and unstructured data sets from various sources, including building or generating new data sets as appropriate
- Present model results and analytic findings; provide actionable recommendations to business partners to support data-driven decision-making.
- Be a leader, subject matter expert and mentor/ coach to more junior team members.
The preferred location for this role is Charlotte, NC. Other locations that can be considered are: Chandler, AZ, Minneapolis, MN, San Francisco, CA and New York, NY
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience with BI tools and advanced data visualization technologies: Kibana, Tableau, Grafana, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Data Modeling and tuning of relational and NoSQL data stores (Athena, MongoDB, MySQL, Red-shift, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience applying user-centered design principles
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and Java and related machine learning libraries (e.g. Keras, scikit-learn, Pandas, SciPy)
- 5+ years of experience using quantitative machine learning techniques
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices including, but not limited to CICD (Git, Jenkins, TFS, Maven, Nexus), Version Control (Git, Subversion, etc.), and automated unit testing
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.