Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Risk & Control Officer - Consumer Lending Technology Control
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This role will provide leadership support to ensure that Wells Fargo Technology is accountable for risks associated with technology activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and reporting. This role will work regularly with Wells Fargo Technology teams and Second Line functions to ensure a strong control environment exists for compliance with technology-applicable policies, procedures, and guidelines.
The candidate will work directly with Policy Owners, Independent Risk Management, Divisional Operational Risk Management, Technical and ICS Subject Matter Experts and Central Risk Process Owners to manage reviews for new/revised policies applicable to WF Technology.
This process will require the candidate to work with these participants to review new/revised policy requirements, work with stakeholders to ensure documentation demonstrates evidence of adherence, to identify potential adherence gaps, and to determine appropriate course of action for implementation/remediation efforts. The review, analysis, and gap remediation processes will involve analytics and building relationships necessary to collaborate across the key stakeholder groups to drive decision-making.
Responsibilities may include:
* Review new/revised policy requirements to understand how they apply to Technology
* Partnership with Policy Owners, Independent Risk Management Partners, Divisional ORM teams, Subject Matter Experts and Process Owners to ensure gap analysis are fully executed, including an appropriate level of documentation to evidence adherence to the requirements
* Produce preliminary reporting to communicate gaps/findings key participants and leadership for review
* Produce final report with agreed gaps and/or adherence status for senior leadership
* Partner with Policy Owners, Independent Risk Management Partners, Divisional ORM teams, Subject Matter Experts and Process Owners to determine appropriate course of action for the implementation/remediation of identified gaps
* Monitor implementation/remediation efforts through completion
* Produce monthly status reporting for managed process steps
Other Desired Qualifications
* 7+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
* 7+ years demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
* Experience managing information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets and or wealth/brokerage etc.)
* Experience in compliance, operational risk, IT systems security, business process mgmt. or financial services, (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
* Broad and significant knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor and third party, BCP, PMO, Change Mgmt, Problem and Incident Management, SOX and other Regulations (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, Asset Management, Compliance, IS, Audit
* Experience performing gap analysis for policies and/or regulatory requirements
* Understanding of technology and security risk framework. Including, but not limited to: COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
* Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP, or similar (desired but not required)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.