Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Info Security Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Wells Fargo Technology organization offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Information Security’s vision is to provide Wells Fargo with world-leading cybersecurity risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, the Information Security team protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws.
The Enterprise Application Security Program enhances the ability of development organizations to consistently deliver highly functional applications that are secure and resilient against attack by developing policies, processes, and tools to proactively embed security into Wells Fargo-developed applications. The person in this role is a key member of the Secure Software Group who will provide strategic direction and day-to-day oversight of the Static Application Security Testing (SAST) practice & tools. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Leadership of Wells Fargo’s Static Application Security Testing (SAST) practice
- Technical leadership of Wells Fargo’s Static Application Security Testing (SAST) environment
- Evolution of the static application security testing approach to support emerging development methodologies
- Research and development of solutions to extend the effectiveness and efficiency of Wells Fargo’s SAST processes and tools
- Designing and implementing vulnerability scanning rules to protect against emerging threats and vulnerabilities
- Ensuring tools and documentation are maintained in accordance with policy and best practices
- Ensuring alignment with other Wells Fargo Information Security testing programs
- Supporting application security champions and development teams in their use of SAST tools
- Subject matter expert for static analysis and software defect remediation
- Providing advanced application security training to the development organization
- SAST vendor management including evaluation of vendor proposals, new and existing security designs, and emerging security technologies and systems
- May direct or serve as a mentor to less experienced staff and to members of the development organization.
Note: This position can sit in any core Wells Fargo location
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced Information Security technical skills
- Understanding of information security practices and policies as implemented in a large enterprise environment
- Experience managing a large enterprise technology environment
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.