Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mongo DBA (DBA5)
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Specialized Database Products is a newly created team within Enterprise Database Management (EDM) that is responsible for integrating new database technologies and platforms into the Wells Fargo ecosystem.
The MongoDB Database Analyst position, specifically with expertise in design, administration, high availability, and operational support experience with the MongoDB platform will join a rapidly growing and high energy team supporting enterprise Customers. As a MongoDB Database Analyst, you will be responsible for providing the highest technical expertise for the planning, design, implementation, upgrade, patching, capacity planning, and day to day operations for the MongoDB platform including technical communications with the vendor. This role will also provide oversight, mentoring, and leadership to less experienced on-shore and off-shore staff. The successful candidate must be comfortable working on multiple dynamic projects simultaneously, collaborating with database engineers, database architects, application teams, information security teams, and leadership at all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities for this role in working on an enterprise team supporting large, highly complex databases include the following:
- Ability to see the big picture and influence future direction in alignment with EDM and enterprise goals.
- Automation - Streamline repeatable build and operational support practices that scale with technology changes.
- Develop database high availability and replication solutions to meet the requirements of high tier applications.
- Gain technical depth and breadth with new features, products and tools to serve as a subject matter expert for EDM.
- Drive adoption of standard operational practices to deliver highly available solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Ability to take a lead role in projects that have a broad impact. Strong Customer Service Focus.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years supporting database implementations in a regulated banking or financial industry
- 2+ years of database replication experience (IIDR-QREP, HADR, and/or GoldenGate)
- 6+ years of supporting highly available distributed databases
- 2+ years of MongoDB expert level Ops Manager experience
- Experience with NoSQL architecture, design and implementations
- Experience implementing Kerberos and/or LDAP authorization and authentication
- Experience supporting distributed databases scaled across data centers
- Experience implementing and supporting partitioning and sharding
- Experience with Pearl and/or Java scripting (JSON)
- Experience with disaster recovery strategies (including hands-on backup and recovery experience)
- In-depth understanding of Replication and HA strategies
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
AZ-Chandler: Min: $87,500 Mid: $125,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $87,500 Mid: $125,000
MO-Saint Louis: Min: $87,500 Mid: $125,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $87,500 Mid: $125,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $87,500 Mid: $125,000
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.