Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mongo DBA ( DBA5)
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This DBA role leads the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the Enterprise Database Management organization's server-class databases. In this role a DBA consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction; handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following: designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases; leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts; developing management policies, procedures and standards; and business requirements identification, analysis and development. The DBA provides mentoring, guidance and general oversight to less experienced staff in a variety of database design, administration and/or modeling activities.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years supporting database implementations in a regulated banking or financial industry
- 2+ years of database replication experience (IIDR-QREP, HADR, and/or GoldenGate)
- 6+ years of supporting highly available distributed databases
- 2+ years of MongoDB expert level Ops Manager experience
- Experience with NoSQL architecture, design and implementations
- Experience implementing Kerberos and/or LDAP authorization and authentication
- Experience supporting distributed databases scaled across data centers
- Experience implementing and supporting partitioning and sharding
- Experience with Pearl and/or Java scripting (JSON)
- Experience with disaster recovery strategies (including hands-on backup and recovery experience)
- In-depth understanding of Replication and HA strategies
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.