Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 3 - Technology Risk
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This role will be responsible for providing technical leadership and strategic technical direction for Enterprise CIO initiatives and will collaborate with business leaders to develop a data platform strategy that aligns with the enterprise architecture framework. The role will be responsible for the development, communication and ongoing governance of architecture blueprints, roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures to promote consistent solutions and portfolio rationalization. The candidate will be responsible for managing key relationships in order to ensure ongoing delivery of enterprise capabilities. The candidate should also be experienced in defining and delivering against data governance policies and procedures.
- Identifies operational risk issues by conducting and supporting risk assessments that evaluate the environment and estimate the level and trends of inherent risk, determine the effectiveness of associated controls, and the level and trends of residual risk.
- Proactively identify risks within Wells Fargo Technology across internal and external events
- Document risk(s) within established and new line of business products / services and shared services IT processes / products / services
- Evaluate risks and prioritize risks and remediation work
- Assist in drafting corrective action plans and in managing change
- Facilitating meetings establishing accountability, escalating issues and providing status updates as required by leadership.
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner and define Key Risk Indicators to track impact
- Operate controls in an effective manner to mitigate risks and deliver IT value
- Execute the Technology-related compliance process (e.g. Audits, Corrective Action, SOX) and IT Policy Management & Exceptions
- Consult with technology teams on risk, process, and control assessments. This will include reviewing policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyzing business and/or systems changes to determine impact; and identifying and assessing other operational risk issues.
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, and detect operational risk issues
- Identify, measure, monitor, support, and complete Technology risk management training, communication, and outreach programs
- Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
- Advises management on risk ratings and evaluates ratings against established policy standards
- Participates in and provides consulting and support for projects and initiatives with moderate risk to identify and mitigate operational risk in business activities.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience within an Enterprise Technology function or Technology Risk function with demonstrated knowledge of technology systems, applications, infrastructure, and emerging technology and associated risks in a business environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic ability to execute operational risk management programs
- Ability to fluently articulate business strategy and operations; translating organizational strategies into clear objectives and business action
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical, and regulatory
- Experience with information technology oversight programs that align to a Technology Business function (i.e. consumer, commercial, infrastructure, capital markets, and/or wealth / brokerage, etc.)
- Knowledge of technology and the associated challenges, risks, and required controls inherent in a complex federated environment, including knowledge of SDLC, Architecture, Cloud, Datacenter, Vendor, and third party, BCP, PMO, change Mgmt, problem and incident management, SOX and other regularly (ADA, SWAP Dealer), Access management, asset management, Compliance, IS, audit
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment. Demonstrated ability to manage in a matrix environment both domestically and internationally
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.