Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operational Risk Consultant 4 - Technology Control
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
We are seeking a Senior Operational Risk Consultant to join our team and assist in developing and driving the technology risk and control framework. This is a strategic position that will engage with the multiple risk and control stakeholders / lines of defense across Technology and the enterprise as a whole to enable a strong risk management practice and capabilities. As part of First Line of Defense, this role provides leadership support to ensure that Technology is accountable for risks associated with its activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and execution of First Line of Defense risk functions, in alignment with the Corporate Risk Framework,
- Proactively identify and evaluate risks.
- Design and implement effective and proactive action plans that appropriately mitigate risks in a sustainable manner.
- Define Key Risk Indicators to track impact and risk reduction.
- Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect operational risk issues
- Integrate continuous improvement with metrics and monitoring
- Ongoing reviews to identify anomalies, exceptions and outliers that could lead to additional risk events
- Engage multiple risk and control stakeholders across Technology as well as the enterprise to inform, education and collaborate on risk identification and mitigation approaches.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Technology Policy development and /or Technology Policy Review process
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience collaborating with key stakeholders to create BRDs for tool enhancements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively execute in a large, diverse, matrixed organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of Technology and Security risk framework - COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, ITIL, COSO, BASEL, and OCC Heightened Standards
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of strategic elements of financial, operational, technical and regulatory environments across a complex global services environment
- Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
- Track record of providing constructive challenge with appropriate issue escalation and offering solution
- Professional certifications such as CPA, CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP desired but not required
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.