Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Auditor / Enterprise Technology Audit Group - CIO Team
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit Services helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services is looking to fill an IT Senior Leader Auditor position within our Enterprise Technology Audit Group, to perform audits of Wells Fargo’s technology security.
The Enterprise Technology Audit Group (ETAG) focuses on executing audits of information technology throughout Wells Fargo. The Enterprise Chief Information Officer (CIO) Audit Team is one of four teams reporting to the Executive Audit Director, ETAG. This team is primarily focused on the portfolio of applications in production and agile and waterfall development initiatives including innovation, artificial intelligence (AI), and services supporting each line of business (wholesale, wealth investment management, consumer banking, and virtual solutions) as well as data management, corporate risk, human resources, finance, and information technology.
As an IT Senior Lead Auditor on the ETAG CIO Audit team, you will play an important and dynamic role in building high-performing teams, connecting with our business partners and regulators, and executing the audit plan. You will monitor the business to identify key emerging risks, and will also support team member development and engagement.
Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- With the assistance of an engagement supervisor, leads execution of the audit process (primarily as auditor-in-charge) and mentors more junior team members.
- May also participate in audits (under the direction of another lead auditor) to provide subject matter knowledge/skills and/or to design and conduct tests of internal controls.
- Often leads projects that are generally moderate to large in size and moderate to high in complexity.
- When leading audits, applies leadership and project management skills to identify project tasks and assign them to audit resources and ensures that projects are executed according to budgets and schedules.
- Demonstrates strong subject matter knowledge in critical areas of agile and waterfall development methods, technology infrastructure, information security, and technology service processes.
- Participates in the evaluation of information technology policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and technology processes.
- Provides performance feedback and coaching to less experienced auditors.
- Exercises superior judgment when evaluating the business impact and significance of audit findings, identifying mitigating controls and other factors and assessing whether residual risks are consistent with risk tolerance and prudent risk management.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism, presents audit results in an objective and unbiased manner, writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions, escalates significant risks and loss exposures to appropriate levels of management, drafts final audit reports, and presents technical information clearly and succinctly to a wide variety of audiences.
- With the assistance of an engagement supervisor, develops audit reports and recommendations to improve control processes to executive management that clearly present audit results while considering the business context.
Only locations listed will be considered. 600 S 4th St., Minneapolis, MN, 1700 Lincoln St., Denver, CO, 100 W Washington St., Phoenix, AZ, 301 S College St., Charlotte, NC, 1525 W WT Harris Blvd., Charlotte, NC, 4101 Wiseman Blvd., San Antonio, TX, 2801 Market St., Saint Louis, MO, 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA
Other Desired Qualifications
- Application development, agile development, artificial intelligence, innovative speed to market, production management, information security and data governance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to adhere to and enforce strict work paper quality standards which includes ability to gather objective evidence to reach conclusions and document findings
- 6 years of IT Audit experience and at least 2 years of Auditor in charge.
- IT audit experience at a large financial institution or public accounting firm, or other organization that hosts a large and complex, high availability/high security environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.