Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Full Stack Automation Engineer - Enterprise Observability Team
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
At Wells Fargo, the Chief Technology Office (CTO) organization is leading technology transformation in a multi-cloud technology landscape by developing and delivering innovative products that delight our customers and speed to market banking products to our customers. As part of the CTO Operations and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) group, the Enterprise Observability Team is responsible for delivering innovative, scalable, stable, and secure products that provide deep business insight, operational insight, and predictive analysis. As a member of the team, you will be a key contributor to the development of products that provide full stack observability including application monitoring, logging, alerting, and visualization.
As part of the Enterprise Observability team, the Senior Application Systems Engineer will design, develop, and implement automation capabilities centered managing the deployment of APM services to over 80K agents across 2000 applications within all major Wells Fargo business. The right person must be comfortable being at the forefront of a rapidly innovative automation landscape and have the experience to operate across the enterprise. He/she should have previous experience automating delivery of software and configuration using automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Apigee, Go, Docker, etc.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Partner to influence and support innovation & continued drive towards automation, touch less operational sustainment as a design/architecture construct working with technology partners/managers
Integrate operational data platforms and tools including Kafka, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Splunk, AppDynamics etc.
Translate design mock-ups, wire frames and data flows into POCs using UI tools such as HTML5, CSS and AngularJS/
Develop enterprise level data APIs and data streams using object-oriented languages: Java, C#.NET; scripting: Python, PowerShell, and data formats (XML, JSON)
The candidate will be working in an Scrum-based Agile environment and be responsible for user story creation, estimation (story points or hours), and other tasks as required
Deliver customer-centric service and monitoring solutions using agile and good risk management processes.
Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
Apply test-driven development practices using Junit or equivalent tools in an Agile setting, including deploying and maintaining automated unit tests and functional tests
Work with Hybrid Cloud Platform Providers and Containers including AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Container Service (PKS / Enterprise Kubernetes Platform), Kubernetes, Docker.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
- Experience in API design & development with Apigee API Gateway
- Demonstrated experience with automation or configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet or HPSA
- Experience executing performance testing, setting up test scenarios, and application tuning.
- Experience with APM tools such AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Wily Introscope or similar application monitoring tool experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge on being able to create build / package scripts for deploying applications using GitHub, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Demonstrated experience in web technologies, with an emphasis on server-side languages, especially node.js; working with modern and legacy data sources; and integration with front-end technologies.
- Demonstrated experience writing secure, efficient, reusable and testable code.
- Demonstrated experience with the full SDLC and with production support experience.
- Demonstrated experience translating designer mock-ups, wire frames and data flows into POCs using UI tools such as HTML5, CSS and AngularJS desirable but not required.
- Application development and implementation experience with Java or .NET and related CI/CD development toolsets and processes.
- Experience working with cross-browser behaviors and quirks
- Ability to profile an application to help understand baseline and performance trends.
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams.
- Knowledge and understanding of operations performance management metrics development.
- Experience working on scrum based agile teams with understanding of agile methodology and processes
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $113,400 Mid: $162,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $113,400 Mid: $162,000
AZ-Chandler: Min: $113,400 Mid: $162,000
IA-Des Moines: Min: $113,400 Mid: $162,000
NC-Charlotte: 330 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.