Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Middleware Support Engineer - Web Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Digital Channels Technologies is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Web Systems Engineer 5 position. In this role, candidate will provide third-level production support of Wells Fargo web sites and e-commerce applications. This includes both Linux and Windows operating systems with Tomcat and WebLogic application servers as well as Apache and IIS web servers. A senior web systems engineer is responsible for deploying code, implementing new infrastructure and new technologies, developing alerting and alarming solutions, and 24x7 production environment monitoring and support to ensure optimum performance, availability, and security of the front-end and middleware environment. Advanced system administration tools will be utilized. Additional responsibilities include:
- Advanced application support for the resolution of highly complex technical problems
- Directing large-scale projects and application implementations from proof of concept through testing and installation.
- Statistics gathering and analysis to assist architecture engineering and development teams in determining capacity planning requirements to support projected transaction volumes, response times, and system availability targets
- Collaborating with enterprise partners on issues and initiatives that impact the infrastructure
- Provide training and direction to less experienced web support engineers and staff
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Apache Zookeeper
- Knowledge/exposure with Mongo DB and/or Apache Cassandra
- Kowledge/exposure to Redis (cache and message broker)
- Exposure to Windows Servers
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Tomcat Server
CA-Fremont: 3340 Walnut Ave - Fremont, CA
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.