Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Platform Engineer
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo’s emphasis on technology has never been greater. This is an exciting Senior Engineer position over fast-paced, cutting-edge work within Innovation & Strategic Services Platform Management organization. This group plays an important foundational role enabling business & technology transformation and manages critical 'run the bank functions'. As a Sr. Engineer you will be responsible for full end-to-end platform initiatives & operational management of portfolio of applications. You will also be required to help us enable transform the bank functions while managing run the bank functions in terms of resiliency, automation, support & maturity of application plus infrastructure stack.
This Senior Engineer role provides technical leadership for Innovation & Strategic Services Platform Management organization. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of numerous factors. The Platform team has knowledge of the environments, software, infrastructure, function, performance, availability, capacity and data. We need a diverse group of people with different experience levels to support the transformation, enrichment and continued availability of assets to business and technical application teams across the enterprise.
The goal of our platforms is to provide high-quality, standardized, innovative solutions to serve our core business needs in a consistent and efficient way. The incumbent will lead matrixed teams of engineers and support personnel in the Wells Fargo Platform and Application support team partnering with development teams, product owners, scrum masters, and with other technology centers of excellence. Core responsibilities include project deliverables, ensuring availability of our portfolio of applications, handling incident & problem management, issue resolution & communication, tracking various changes across the portfolio, operational health & new solutions to improve platform/application stability, quality & supportability along with overall operational and technology risk management as per the enterprise guidelines.
- Lead medium to large cross-organizational transformational efforts in Platform space
- Deliver results in less defined & constantly changing environments
- Communicate with broad and diverse audience, including technology and business leaders; ability to simplify complex messages for consumption
* As an application support specialist position is responsible for leading support functions and driving the execution and maturity of multiple application support services including incident triage, root cause analysis, change evaluation-execution-validation, deployment management, and risk & vulnerability management. Works closely with development and infrastructure partners like middleware, NAS, database, network, etc.
- Bring in engineering, operational management and sustainment for horizontal systems in various domains like ECM, Robotics Process Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Innovation (Blockchain, Cloud etc.) & Enterprise Services/APIs.
- Partner to influence and support innovation & continued drive towards automation, touch less operational sustainment as a design/architecture construct working with CIO technology partners/managers
- Operational sustainment and reduce risks in the eco-system by aggressively pursuing safety and soundness type of actions not limited to vulnerability, patching, end of life and resiliency
- Hands on engagement on all Production, DevOps, BCP & UAT support activities for the platform and applications
- Drive operational management via EACO/Incident response, communication and tracking along with root cause identification and closure.
- Manage and coordinate Production change requests and release management.
- Provides operational continuity through the development, management, measurement, analysis and reporting of key service-level metrics as required by management
- Manages continuous services improvements and drives innovation to ensure SLAs and OLAs for the critical business processes, applications and partner interfaces
- Regular presentation of Production performance and incident, root cause and preventative actions, and trend analysis to technical and business Management teams.
- Maintain and update all Production related documentation (e.g. game plans, run books, procedures, processes).
- Ensure effective Production systems monitoring, alarming and notification response/maintenance.
- Active coaching of junior team members.
- Provides general oversight and direction to virtual teams.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.