Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Principal Auditor
at Wells Fargo
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit Services helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Enterprise Functions (EF) Audit team is seeking an experienced technology-focused Principal Auditor to support their audit of the Bank’s transition off of Interbank Offer Rates (IBORs) on to one or more Alternative Reference Rates (ARRs). The Bank’s effort includes developing and directing the execution of a coordinated strategy to transition the numerous IBOR-based products and processes across Wells Fargo to the new benchmark. Primarily, the position will focus on the technology aspects of the transition program, including strategic and tactical direction and oversight to technology implementation teams in completing the necessary software and infrastructure changes required for the transition.
With the assistance of the engagement supervisor, the Principal Auditor leads execution of the audit process primarily as auditor-in-charge and may participate in audit testing to provide subject matter knowledge and skills. Key job responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Leads audit efforts ranging in size and complexity. Applies leadership and project management skills to identify and assign tasks to audit resources and ensure audit deliverables meet quality expectations while execution is accomplished within established budgets and schedules.
- Demonstrates strong subject matter knowledge in critical areas of agile and waterfall development methods, technology service processes, information security, and technology infrastructure. Participates in the evaluation of adherence to information technology policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and technology processes.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and utilizes knowledge that spans across multiple businesses and subject matter areas. Exhibits understanding of related business functions that include technology, operational, financial, and regulatory understanding across multiple businesses. Identifies and assesses key risks and controls and develops effective test plans with limited guidance.
- Demonstrates professional skepticism. Exhibits appropriate judgment regarding issue notification; escalates significant risk exposures to appropriate levels of management to influence risk management practices.
- Presents audit results in a clear, objective and unbiased manner. Writes opinions reflecting relevant facts that lead to logical conclusions. Prepares draft findings to line of business management and drafts audit reports for review by the Engagement Supervisor and Senior Audit Manager.
- Functions effectively in a team environment. Contributes to a positive working environment characterized by constructive problem-solving, effective communications and mutual respect. Provides beneficial coaching and feedback to team members.
- Demonstrates flexibility to add projects or shift priorities readily and efficiently. Leads and enthusiastically shares the benefits of change initiatives. Evaluates and provides appropriate solutions for problems.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Solid knowledge and understanding of processes and risk management within the following information technology areas: project management methodologies, application development, change management, and information security
- Experience with specific focus in operational and regulatory risk management or related risk management functions
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience using IT control methodologies and standards, including knowledge of some of the following industry frameworks: COBIT, FFIEC IT Examination Handbooks, PCI-DSS, NIST and ITIL
- Experience leading audit projects or similar engagements and providing coaching / feedback to staff, similar to auditor-in-charge responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, drive innovation, credibly challenge and proactively influence risk and control environments
- Project and program management discipline with the ability to effectively manage change/conflicts in priorities while having a tolerant attitude toward evolving requirements
- Team building and coordination/collaborations skills with an ability to build strong working relationships with peers, the line of business, risk management and external stakeholders
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.