WESTERN ELECTRICITY COORDINATING COUNCIL
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
at WESTERN ELECTRICITY COORDINATING COUNCIL
The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer is a key position in the Information Systems & Technology department that manages and maintains WECC’s IT Infrastructure and security. This role plans, designs, and implements network and systems projects to ensure top performance and availability. The Senior Engineer will also proactively propose innovative solutions to support the organization.
- Design and apply security systems to maintain data safety.
- Develop plans for IT projects like timelines, quotes, and risk assessments.
- Make infrastructure recommendations to management to advise and gain approval for the goals, priorities, and objectives of the IT operations team.
- Design and review server hardware and network architecture configurations.
- Help set up guidelines and methods for installing and managing server operating systems, desktop operating systems, switches, backups, SAN configurations, etc.
- Ensure a superior level of advanced end-user (100-150) service, including a proper level of reliability, performance, and security of all IT infrastructure, end-user equipment, and corporate IT hardware and software.
- Ensure accurate documentation of all IT inventories (software and hardware) as well as network and systems architecture and assist with the population of the configuration management database.
- Maintain procedures and documentation for disaster recovery and own the Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Share on-call duties with other IT staff.
You are a qualified candidate if you—
- Have a bachelors’ degree in information systems or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have at least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in IT, including five years of senior experience in network or systems administration, end-user support, and project management.
- An excellent understanding of network and systems administration in a Windows environment.
- Have experience with firewall configurations and file-level encryption.
- Have experience in cloud administration and expertise in scripting languages like PowerShell.
- Have expertise in SAN administration.
- Can work with teammates and other departments to meet business needs.
- Have excellent business writing and communication skills, including the ability to give clear, concise instructions as needed.
- Have excellent critical thinking skills and an ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Can set and meet self-imposed deadlines and complete assignments on time.
- Can balance strategic thinking with tactical application.
You are an EXCELLENT candidate if you—
- Have experience in the following:
- Office 365 and Exchange Online administration;
- Microsoft Azure (IaaS or SaaS);
- Systems Center Configuration Manager or Intune;
- Secure file transfer;
- Meeting space A/V;
- Collaboration tools and products such as Cisco WebEx and Microsoft Teams; and
- ITIL and ITSM.
- Have certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, and Microsoft, etc.
- Can explain complex technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Focus on results rather than simply completing tasks.
- Learn from and take accountability for your mistakes.
- Embrace the challenges and rewards of change.
- Treat everyone as a colleague, regardless of position or title.
- Have a passion for continuous learning, professional development, and personal improvement.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with relevant experience as well as the responsibilities of the position. WECC offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid personal time.
The Why of WECC
Electricity is an integral part of the fabric of modern society. WECC strengthens that fabric to preserve and improve society’s future.
At WECC, we are building a CULTURE that enables us to deliver on our critical reliability mission and supports personal and professional fulfillment.
Some of our nontraditional benefits include:
- A vibrant, downtown work environment with plenty of places to eat, things to do, and ways to get around;
- A “dress for your day” policy;
- Opportunities for training and professional growth;
- An iconic building listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
To be considered, candidates should submit a resumé and cover letter, including salary history, to the WECC Careers page.