Gila River Hotels & Casinos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Network Engineer
at Gila River Hotels & Casinos
This position is responsible for the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, management of routers, switches, and firewalls, and network infrastructure improvements to Enterprise Class networks. This position involves analyzing and implementation of network upgrades for Enterprise level networks, as well as demonstrating the GILA WAY.
- Promotes and provides excellent guest service experiences to both internal and external guests.
- Conduct detailed site network assessments and prepare network design proposals.
- Monitors and test networks to ensure maximum operational efficiency and availability of networks.
- Researches new tools and technologies to implement into the technology procurement.
- Maintain network current state documentation and diagrams.
- Maintains the physical inventory and location of network assets.
- Ensures efficient systems capacity for organizational needs.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record with extremely infrequent absences and/or lateness.
- Performs other special projects and duties assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree in Computer Science or related major preferred.
- Experience of Information Technology Infrastructure/Network Project Management required.
- Must have working Cisco experience, CCNA or CCNP Certification preferred
- Must have experience supporting and managing Windows based systems (Active Directory, Exchange, etc.) Virtual technologies (VMware, Mircrosoft Virtual Servers and Marathon), Wireless technologies (WLC and Lobby Ambassador).
- Knowledge of VLANs, Trunking and Spanning tree protocol, ASA firewalls and routers.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (EIGRP, RIP, OSPF and BGP)
- Experience with network tools such as Orion Solarwinds
- Possess strong customer service and telephone etiquette skills
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, be a self-starter, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must possess a valid AZ drivers license with clean driving record
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds
Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and pass a full background check to be certified/license prior to employment.
Must be able to work in a smoking environment and agree to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace as a condition of employment.
Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Native American candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U. S. Code, Section 472 and 473). The Gila River Casino is also committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation.
INDIVIDUALS WITH FELONY CONVICTIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY. THIS INCLUDES REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS, SHOPLIFTING AND THEFT CONVICTIONS (WHICH HAVE OCCURRED WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS). THIS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION FOR LICENSING TO BE DENIED BY THE GILA RIVER GAMING COMMISSION.
In the Entertainment Industry, one may be subject to a work environment containing excessive noise, smoke, and stress.