Yale New Haven Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MRI Tech Trainee 2
at Yale New Haven Health
- Requisition ID
- Job Locations
- US-CT-New Haven
- Position Type
- Full Time Benefits Eligible
- Diagnostic Image MRI
- Scheduled Hours
Under the supervision of the Diagnostic Radiology Manager/ Coordinator, is instructed and mentored by senior staff on a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality MRI images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are perfomed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures and demonstrates exceptional service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the YNHH Service Excellence Pledge Standards. To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, MRI staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH MRI locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- 1. Performs high quality MRI procedures utilizing complex diagnostic imaging equipment. Efficiently follows routine protocols, demonstrates independent judgment, and has minimal inactive scanner utilization.
- 1.1 Follows routine protocols and refers to the referring doctor's exam requisition to ensure the correct exam is performed.
- 2. Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to ensure patient cooperation, safety, and satisfaction. Demonstrates 100% accuracy on safety screening and continues to promote our pledge for Service Excellence.
- 2.1 Thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient and offers them emotional support to endure and complete the exam.
- 3. Performs various record keeping, customer service functions to ensure exam charges are properly billed and communicates feedback in order to ensure that the goals of the department are met and operations run efficiently.
- 3.1 Consistently selects the correct patient from the scanner with accuracy.
- 4. Participates in various teaching and/or learning opportunities in order to further his/her own personal knowledge and to assist in expanding the knowledge of others.
- 4.1 Attends at least 5 training or in services per year as recorded on the technical competency review.
- 5. To enhance the Patient Experience in Diagnostic Radiology, all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Tests and Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
- 5.1 Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manner. Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Centered Experience.
Satisfactory completion of an A.M.A.approved Radiology Technology program. AS degree required, BS preferred.
Must be currently enrolled in an MRI Advanced Imaging Program.
Prior MRI technical associate experience is preferred. ARRT certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists is required. CPR certification preferred.
ARRT required, CT state license required, MR board certification required by 6 month review.
Average knowledge base of cross sectional anatomy, highly developed organizational skills, and timely and effective communication skills is required.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs