Yale New Haven Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stakeholder Q&A Support Specialist
at Yale New Haven Health
- Requisition ID
- Job Locations
- US-CT-New Haven
- NON - CLINICAL OTHER
- Position Type
- Full Time Benefits Eligible
- Scheduled Hours
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Yale/Yale New Haven Hospital Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) is a leading national outcomes research center dedicated to transforming healthcare for the betterment of people and society by leveraging data, analytics, and technology. We have assembled a talented, multidisciplinary group who are committed to developing solutions to the practical needs of medicine and healthcare. Our organization combines the highest academic ideals with a pragmatic approach that emphasizes the production of useful knowledge. We are distinguished by our creativity, dedication, experience, and skills, as well as our commitment to having our work make a tangible difference to patients, the public, and society. For additional information on CORE, please visit our website: www.medicine.yale.edu/core The Stakeholder Q&A Support Specialist will provide outstanding customer service to end users on a variety of issues, including identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. The Stakeholder Q&A Support Specialist will be required to respond promptly to email and other requests from internal personnel and external stakeholders. The Stakeholder Q&A Support Specialist will also participate in special projects as assigned. The position is high volume with the responsibility of responding to inbound and outbound stakeholder questions regarding a variety of topics. In this position, the Stakeholder Q&A Support Specialist will answer inquiries from healthcare providers, the public, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), and other affiliated representatives or groups regarding specifications of healthcare outcome measures. They will establish and maintain rapport with contacts and present a favorable corporate image while responding to inquiries within timeframes required to exceed contractual standards. The ideal candidate will deliver exceptional customer service, demonstrate strong communication skills, thrive in a productive, fast-paced environment, and be comfortable fielding emails on a wide range of topics. The list of accountabilities is not intended to be all -inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties that management may deem necessary from time to time. The duties of this position can be carried out remotely. Flexible work schedules and telecommuting are available if needed and/or desired.
- 1. Ensure timely completion of high quality task deliverables.
- 2. Use best-practice customer service tools and techniques to work with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- 3. Set priorities, perform triage and know when and how to escalate problems.
- 4. Track and monitor service requests to ensure timely resolution; keep users informed of status.
- 5. Develop a knowledge of inquiry tracking databases and processes.
- 6. Receive e-mail inquiries concerning specifications of healthcare outcome measures.
- 7. Apply appropriate interpretations to determine appropriate responses to inquiries.
- 8. Complete research and provide final resolution to inquiries within contractual requirements.
- 9. Respond to inquirer via email within time frames to exceed contractual standards, and ensure timely reporting responses to public inquiries that are both high quality and accurate.
- 10. Collect and record data for customer service records.
- 11. Inform supervisory staff of system problems when identified, researching problems to provide backup data and examples when needed, and recommend solutions where applicable.
- 12. Able to handle a high volume of inquiries and meet the standards set forth by CORE.
- 13. Develops and maintains working knowledge of internal policies, procedures and services.
- 14. Utilizes automated systems to log and retrieve information.
- 15. Interacts with hospitals, physicians, beneficiaries, or other program recipients.
- 16. Investigates and resolves or reports customer problems. Identifies and escalates difficult situations to the appropriate party.
- 17. Collaborate with internal staff to effectively answer inquiries and resolve issues, and work actively to ensure productive and timely communication with team members.
- 18. Protect and preserve confidentiality.
- 19. May perform other duties as requested by the Quality Measurement Team Management and or the CORE Management Team.
Bachelors degree in Healthcare, Human Services or related field from an accredited college or university. Masters degree preferred or a combination of at least 5 to 10 years of work related experience with a bachelors degree.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in health care quality field required. Clinical experience strongly preferred as evidenced by prior experience in a health care setting. Excellent writing skills as evidenced through peer -reviewed publications or technical reports related to quality measures required. Demonstrated mastery of epidemiology and concepts of health services research methodology and analytics. Experience responding to technical questions from key stakeholders. At least one year of experience working in customer service role.
Comprehensive knowledge of health care quality measurement methods and policy. Working knowledge of computer software to support research project(s). Well-developed oral and written communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Must possess the ability to explain and confirm understanding of complex issues. Must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to explain complex topics in easy to understand terms. Pleasant and professional telephone etiquette. Knowledge of the following terminology is preferred: Medical terminology; Healthcare industry; Medicare policy and quality of care programs; Healthcare quality measurement; Healthcare quality improvement; and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The duties of this position can be carried out remotely. Flexible work schedules and telecommuting are available if needed and/or desired.
Position is co-terminus with funding and fully funded by our grants and contracts.
Bachelors degree in Healthcare, Human Services or related field from an accredited college or university. Mastersdegree preferred or a combination of at least 5 to 10 years of work related experience with a bachelors degree.